Network Extender with a Alltel number?
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if the network extender works with a Alltel phone number?  I have a Verizon account and PRL, but cell number still has not been converted to Verizon yet.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender with a Alltel number?
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately not. You will have to completely converted over to Verizon for the network extender to function properly.

0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the help.  Let me ask three more question, why is Verizon telling me I need the Network Extender to temporally correct the problem I'm having with dropped calls?  You would think someone would be upset spending hours tiring to setup the Extender, only to find out it doesn't work because they have an Alltel number.  If you are paying a Verizon plan, shouldn't all of Verizon services be available to you?  Is this a problem with everyone that ports over to Verizon from another carrier?

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I would be upset, remember that even tho verizon "took over" the alltel systems are still there. as long as you have yor alltel phone number(for now) you will not be 100% verizon. I can see how representatives can missinform us when it comes to this. I got all this info from howard forums.
0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why isn't Verizon informing former Alltel customers that they will have reduced support and limited use of there services, until there area is converted to Verizon?  When I switched from Alltel plan to a Verizon plan, I asked if I would have any limitations to my account due to my Alltel number.  I was told NO

0 Likes