Network Extender
Will1305

Just got a network extender. Placed it close to a window to get the initial GPS locator to complete. Tried it in two locations (about 100 miles apart). Tried it through my router (Netgear WNDR3700) as well as directly connected into the broadband modem. Nothing works.

Power led is blue, WAN led is blue and blinking, SYS led is steady RED (was fast blinking RED for a while). GPS LED is solid RED. 

Anybody have any advise as to what else to try?

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Will1305! My regrets at you having any issues getting your Network Extender activated, but I can help! If you still need help, just send me a PM with your name and a callback number!

0 Likes
garyferg56

I am having a problem with my new extender. I just got the 3 g model and after getting it hooked up it works fine for a while but after a while it brings my router down that I have to unplug the power and plug it back in to reset it. My old extender works fine with the router and network. What gives?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

A new product was released which may be helpful in your situation:

http://3gstore.com/product/2062_ip_power_remote_switch.html

This power switch will monitor your internet connection and power cylce any devices connected to it when there is an outage.  While it is not a solution to the actual problem you are having it does provide a convenient work around. 

On that note, your extender may stuck on something and need a reset.  Do you see a reset button anywhere on the device?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Okay, I have the Network Extender and The Samsung Galaxy SIII. For the longest time the NE worked great, but it would also be in 3G.  Now something very strange happened today.  Phone setting, not used, checked phone for calls and took notice it showed 4G and only 2 bars.  So, NE all blue lights, no problem there.  dialed #48 and it said You are under Network Extender coverage?!  okay, if the NE is not compatible with 4G, how the heck am I showing 4G and still be under network extender coverage?  Called Verizon and they are totally stumped.  I did make several calls and no problems.   Now here's what I am wondering, if 4G is picking up a closer signal then the gps extender, will it drop the extender and connect to 4G?  BUT next situation, I am NOT suppose to have 4G in my area?!    confusing.....

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like VZW is either expanding 4G into your area or your phone/NE is confused.  One way to check would be to navigate out to a speedtest website such as speedtest.net and see how fast your connection is while on 4G. 

If it is over 5 Mbps then its a true 4G LTE connection and it is not coming from your NE.  If your speed is under 5 Mbps then your phone is confused and displaying the signal from the NE incorrectly.  Id consider rebooting my devices if I were in that situation.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Okay speed test, on data, 16.14 mbps down.  Did reboot everything.  Still get the 4G and the 16.14 download and #48 still says I am under network extender coverage. So, after doing some research came up with the following:  Network extender is working making the phone calls and sms. And the 4G LTE is working great for data.  weird.  But that's how it's working, not going to complain, but I had always thought if you had 4G you would not be able to use the NE.   

Oh, yes, when calling out i watch the WAN on the network extender blinking fast, like before. If it wasn't working I know I would have plenty of dropped calls, as the bars on phone are only ranging 1-2.

0 Likes