Network Extender
lostinohio

Hi Guys - I have a network extender and once I got it going I have had not troubles with it the most part..The thing that we are running into is that during a conversation on any phone thru the Network Extender - it is very choppy while listening to the other party talk.  To my knowledge it does not do that when you are talking, but it does when you are listening to the other party. 

We have reset the extender numerous times, and it DOES help but then it starts up again.  Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  The network extender is used in our business, so it is near the window, and I have a long cable going from Extender to where the router is.  Could that be it?  If its the cable, why does it just do it every now and then? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Extender
homerungus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received some info from a Verizon tech.

She said the problem could be when downloading large files over the internet via your computer/s, the voice on the other end of the phone could become choppy. I made a phone call without downloading and didn't have any problems. I haven't made or received a call when downloading yet but this info does make sense.

So when you make or receive important phone calls, stop downloading if possible.

Hopefully this will help other Network Extender users who have the same problem.   :manvery-happy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
homerungus
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happens to me too. Any help with this problem will be much appreciated.
I've tried the cable that came with the Network Extender and also a different one but with no change to the choppiness.

$250 should not equal choppy voice!

0 Likes
homerungus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received some info from a Verizon tech.

She said the problem could be when downloading large files over the internet via your computer/s, the voice on the other end of the phone could become choppy. I made a phone call without downloading and didn't have any problems. I haven't made or received a call when downloading yet but this info does make sense.

So when you make or receive important phone calls, stop downloading if possible.

Hopefully this will help other Network Extender users who have the same problem.   :manvery-happy:

0 Likes
lostinohio

Thank you.  That does make sense. 

0 Likes