Network extender calls not working
JMThomsen

We have had a network extender for almost a year. We bought one brand new and originally this problem occurred. We received a second extender and for almost a year its been perfect but the problem is happening again. Callers say my voice is jumbled and can't hardly make out what I'm saying, but I can hear them just fine. All lights are blue and my Netgear is working fine. We also have a box for our AT&T phone for my husbands work phone and his always works perfectly. In fact he has to switch to his work phone all the time to talk on the phone. I'm not sure what to do????

0 Likes
Re: Network extender calls not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMThomsen,
Oh no, we want all your voicemails to be heard lour and clear.  Let us work together to determine what is causing this issue  on your Network Extender.  Have you recently made any changes to the placement of your extender? Click on the link for additional troubleshooting steps and keep us posted.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender/troubleshooting/#Troubleshooting%20Assistant

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JMThomsen

There is absolutely nothing different with the set up whatsoever. It has worked just fine for almost a year. But I'm completely unable to use my phone to make calls right now from home. The caller can't hear me well, they say it sounds like I'm constantly losing signal. Nothing in the troubleshooting section helped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMThomsen,

It truly breaks my heart to hear that you are having issues with the calls on your network extender. When you have a network extender being able to place clear and reliable calls should not be a problem. Let us dive into this issue further. What make/model devices to you and your husband have? Do you notice and issue with all calls when you place a call in your home or only in certain areas of your home?

LindseyTT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JMThomsen

Thank you for responding Lindsey. We both have Xperia Z3. And we attempt to move around the house but it seems to be the same anywhere, even if we are right next to the extender.

Sent from my Verizon Xperia 4G LTE

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote -

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Network extender calls not working"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1384156#1384156

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMThomsen,

Thanks for those details. We definitely want you to have the service you need where you need it. Let's keep working on this. Since this started have there been any changes to the devices such as new apps, app updates, or software updates? When you dial #48 when in range of the extender, does it state you are connected? Are you also utilizing the external GPS antenna for the extender?

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
JMThomsen

Thank you! No updates whatsoever. #48 said connected and yes we use the external antenna. And the location of that has never changed.

Sent from my Verizon Xperia 4G LTE

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote -

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Network extender calls not working"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1384233#1384233

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMThomsen,

Thanks for the update, we appreciate the details. We're glad to know that the devices are at least connecting to the extender. Have you attempted to reset the network extender by powering it off completely and disconnecting? Are you aware if other devices are having the same issues when connected to the extender?

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
JMThomsen

I have reset the extender an additional time today with no results. My husband just called and he couldn't hear anything I said. We had to hang up. What do I do? Do I need a new extender?

0 Likes
JMThomsen

Is it normal for my phone to switch from 3G to 1x right when I answer or make a phone call??

0 Likes