Network extender downloads
Silica

I've started tracking my internet traffic. My 4G LTE Verizon Network Extender downloads a lot of data in any 24 hour period. Today, for example, it has downloaded about 500 MB of data. One day it downloaded over 3 GB of data. Why should the network extender need to download that much data? I would seem that most of its activity would be uploaded data when a connected cell phone is being used. I should mention that the download occurs even when the phones are not being used.

0 Likes
Re: Network extender downloads
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you have apps that are either being updated or are downloading info that is using your data.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

From where are you tracking the network traffic?  A network tracker needs to be implemented in the correct area to take into account the traffic that it is monitoring.  Tracking the data on your LAN should not be of any concern.  Tracking the data on the WAN link out of the network extender could be.

Try to collect more information about the IPs that are chatting with your network extender for more context.  IF they are all local IPs then you have nothing to worry about, VZW dosnt care about your local traffic.  If the IPs are WWAN and go back out through the VZW network then you may have something to pay attention to.

Be sure to cross reference your personal data usage logs with the logs from the VZW unbilled usage reports.  These reports are available online from your Verizon admin website.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the question. Please check your messages as we have left a private message for you. 

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@TinaN_VZW, vzw_customer_support​, Since this is primarily a public user-to-user Community Forum, how about sharing the resolution/response with the community (assuming no private info is involved)?

0 Likes
Silica

I have not had the opportunity yet to contact VZW support by phone.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Were you able to address what they asked in their private message in your https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox ?

0 Likes