Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Network extender location issue
GTDano

I live in Clemmons, NC (just outside of Winston-Salem, NC) and both of the Network Extenders I've used say I'm in Hilton Head, SC.  While I've been to Hilton Head and would love to live there, I don't.  I have had at least 4 conversations with Verizon technical support (that's why I'm now using my 2nd Extender) and I just completed an hour's worth of conversation with Motorola and gave them remote control of my Motorola Droid Razor Maxx and I STILL am located in Hilton Head!  The Motorola tech tried several different things but could not correct the problem.  It's really not a major problem but when you spend $250+ for something, I mean Holy Cow, you want it to work correctly!  I don't think this issue is correctable after spending so much time with Tech Support for Verizon and Motorola.  I'm SUPPOSED to get a call back tomorrow from the last Verizon tech I spoke with (2 others made appts. for call backs and NEVER called back) and if she calls, I've got to decide whether I want to keep an expensive (for me) piece of equipment that doesn't work properly or return it and have poor cell coverage in the new home I just built and moved into 6 weeks ago.  VERY FRUSTRATING.

0 Likes