Network extender sys light is rapidly flashing red
rockymtnruss

This device has been working fine for more than a year now. This morning the sys light is rapidly flashing red, and the gps light is steady magenta. Can anyone help me troubleshoot? I've cycled the power with no improvement. My zip is 80540.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network extender sys light is rapidly flashing red
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello dennis84,

Let's get your network extender working as good as new! To begin, please check all your device connections to ensure everything is plugged in properly. Assuming it is, please power off your modem, router, and your Network Extender.

Once off, power them back on in this order:
Modem
Router
Network Extender

Be sure that you wait for each device to fully power on before beginning to turn on the next one. The network extender can take as long as 15 minutes to boot up, during which you will see a sequence of all sorts of light combinations. Once everything is back on, please test again. Report back to us, and let us know if this corrects the issue you are experiencing!

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dennis84

Can't help but I'm having the same problem, rapid red flashing SYS light and steady red GPS light. I'm located in Moab, UT, where are you? This is the first time I've had this happen and I been using my extender for at least 2 years, no problems.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I've been reading on the forum today and it seems like quite a few people are having problems with the network extender today...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lets ensure service is running in top form! May I ask if your internet is running in your home? The system light is typically in correspondence to the internet. Have you considered unplugging and then replugging the network extender?

YosefT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello dennis84,

Let's get your network extender working as good as new! To begin, please check all your device connections to ensure everything is plugged in properly. Assuming it is, please power off your modem, router, and your Network Extender.

Once off, power them back on in this order:
Modem
Router
Network Extender

Be sure that you wait for each device to fully power on before beginning to turn on the next one. The network extender can take as long as 15 minutes to boot up, during which you will see a sequence of all sorts of light combinations. Once everything is back on, please test again. Report back to us, and let us know if this corrects the issue you are experiencing!

MichelleH_VZW
0 Likes