Network extender
thedrmike

Hi. I have the Verizon Wireless Network extender model# SCS-2U01 and an iPhone 7. The have no cell service at my house. My phone only works now (with the network extender) if I set LTE to "off" or "data only" but not "voice & data." Is this something that I can fix so that I can leave LTE on voice & data? Is there an update to the Network Extender. It's extremely frustrating that I can't make cell calls from my house, and that I had to pay $250 for a network extender so use my phone yet it only works by turning a feature I want off on my phone.

0 Likes
Re: Network extender
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

@thedrmike

I understand your concerns with being able to use your new iPhone 7 at your home to make and receive calls and data. Please allow me to address these concerns with you.

I see you have the 3G Network Extender model. Your iPhone 7 is a 4G LTE device with HD Voice & Video calling feature. However, devices with Advanced Calling features (Voice & Data) enabled will not connect to the Network Extender if there is a 4G LTE signal available. We do offer a later 4G LTE Network Extender version, however. See more details here: http://vz.to/2oewzL7.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried wifi calling?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SANWEI86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Would be nice if Verizon offered trade in if the 3G model for the 4G model - I don’t think that 3G hardware can produce a 4G signal?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SANWEI86, the network extender is indeed a handy device to have at home. Regarding the 3G version of the network extender, it cannot process a 4G signal, however, your iPhone 7 will function for call services through the network extender if you set your iPhone to Data Only. 

Ann154 brought an excellent point as well. If you are looking to supplement the quality of your voice call services, utilizing WiFi Calling through your iPhone 7 is an excellent way to do so. This helpful feature helps ensure your calls and text messages will function, without the need for an additional piece of hardware, like the 3G or 4G network extender.

Learn more about this feature through this link:http://spr.ly/6584DRjWC

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SANWEI86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using VZWi-Fi, but on the 5G channels, it “disconnects” (reverts me to cellular) frequently.

I live is a dense neighborhood with lots of wifi signals, so the 2.4 GHz channels are often already allocated.

Sent from Sandy's iPad

0 Likes