New Boulder, USB Cable, USB Drivers, Windows XP, no joy
gyles19

I bought a new orange Boulder a few weeks ago.  My plan was to use it as a modem for my laptop.  I'm paying for the 5gig/mo data plan, along with other features. 

Anyway, today I'm trying to setup a Windows XP box to use the Boulder as a modem.  Simply plugging the USB cable in didn't work so I figured I needed a driver.  I found and downloaded the Windows USB drivers for this cellphone and installed them.  However, XP still refuses to even notice the Boulder when I plug in the USB cable.  I've told the Boulder to use Call Settings/PC Connections/USB.  I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the USB drivers, and I've even tried installing VZAccess manager.  No luck.  VZAccess manager can't find a cellphone, either.

What voodoo do I need to get this stupid XP desktop to notice it has a Boulder plugged in?  (This kind of crap is why I only run linux on my laptop.  This XP desktop is my folks'.)

I even tried unloading the Garmin drivers I use on this XP machine, and that didn't help, either.  When those are loaded, XP notices when I connect my Streetpilot's USB cable.  So USB in general does work on this desktop, just not the Boulder's drivers.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: New Boulder, USB Cable, USB Drivers, Windows XP, no joy
gyles19

I'm beginning to wonder if the store didn't sell me the wrong USB cable.  I tried plugging the phone into my Linux Laptop, just to see what identifiers it saw, but I didn't get a thing from the kernel. Normally I see complaints about an unrecognized USB device, but nothing at all happened.

The phone charges with this cable but I'm guessing it isn't talking over it.  The packaging says its a "USB Cord compatible with LG Venus, Voyager, enV, Chocolate".  They didn't have anything that specifically said "Boulder" but this is what the clerk said it needed.

Do I have the wrong USB cable?

0 Likes
Re: New Boulder, USB Cable, USB Drivers, Windows XP, no joy
Bandit390
In settings/tool there is an option to allow or block dial-up modem. You can make sure it is set to allow.
0 Likes