New FiveSpot about to return. Help is appreciated.
WGrinstead

I must first say I was surprised to call Verizon about my issue and they tell me they don't really have anyone who is very tech savvy and so they would try to help me out as best as they could.

My Mifi 5spot, Does connect to both my laptops, both with USB and wireless.

My desktop is another issue, it simply says that no wireless device was found and that it can not connect.

I tried going to Connect Device and did all the different options, such as Auto Connect, USB Modem, went through them all still no luck.

I did a hard reset on the device and rebooted the computer, still nothing.

I uninstalled the software and drivers and reinstalled 3 times, still nothing.

I have internet already here(I am trying to cancel it and just used verizon), so I installed verizons most recent Access Manager from the website and still same response. The computer itself detects my mifi unit, that is how I first installed access manager, and I can goto windows explorer and see it there and open the device to view files. The access manager just will not detect its there.

This desktop does not have wireless capabilities, and I am thinking of going to buy a wireless card or USB and seeing if I can do it that way. I am doubtful since it won't pick it up hardwired, why would it wireless?

My computer is an Acer Aspire M5100 with Vista SP2. Which should handle the device fine.

I also tried doing all optional software updates from Windows, but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be fixed. If I can't fix it I will just cancel this service and return the thing. I'd like to use this, but if I can't utilize one of my computers at all then what's the point?

0 Likes
Re: New FiveSpot about to return. Help is appreciated.
Not applicable
I'm not familiar with the Five Spot, but I think I would purchase an inexpensive USB wireless internet adapter for your desktop and see if it will connect to the Five Spot.
0 Likes
prains1946

I'm unclear on your problem. First are you trying to connect to the desktop wireless or tethered to the USB? Second, does your desktop have a wireless access device installed?

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

On initial Activation you must first connect the device to the PC with the cable and then power it on which puts it into USB mode. The Device Should then be recognized and you should be notified that the VZAccess Manager software is available to be downloaded.

If on initial Activation the VZAccess Manager software is not auto installed, you should first check to see if you already have a version of VZAccess Manager software installed on your PC. If you do, you should go to the Add and Remove program on your PC and removed the current version on the PC. At this point the VZAccess Manager software should auto load when the device is plugged back in.

Initial Activation and Setup:

1. Connect the Fivespot AC30 to the computer via the supplied USB cable. 

2. Turn power on.

Note Press and hold the power button for 3-5 seconds.

Note Driver installation may take several moments. 

3. Install VZAccess Manager.

4. Perform activation.

5. Connect to the Internet.

Tethered as a USB modem

Note To enable USB Modem mode: power the device off, connect via supplied USB cable then power the device on. 

If you are still unable to connect your PC please contact us directly for further troubleshooting.

Thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable
He's obviously already done all of that when he installed and activated the device on his laptop. Are you saying he needs to do that again on his desktop and every other computer he wants to connect to via USB connection?
0 Likes