New Jetpack Connecting Yesterday Not Today
mwb_1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

I borrowed the loaner jetpack from Verizon.  Connected to both Samsung tablet and pc running Vista.  I bought one yesterday and brought it home.  The pc and tablet both connected fine.  This morning the pc will not connect; however, the tablet will with no problem.  The error message that I get is:  windows did not receive any response from wireless router or access pt.  The pc will connect to a dial-up connection and other wifi connections.  I have rebooted both jetpack and pc, and I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
Re: New Jetpack Connecting Yesterday Not Today
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying the reboot already, mwb_1953. Which model Jetpack did you purchase? Was the Jetpack you borrowed the same model as your new Jetpack?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mwb_1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is Model mhs291lvwq.  It is not exactly the same model I borrowed; however, it did connect the first night I brought it home.  The nect morning it would not connect.  My pc can see the jetpack but says doesn't get a response when trying to connect.  I have restored the computer back to a pointwhen it didconnect, disabled my firewall, security, and still thesameerror message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this issue resolved pronto mwb_1953! Do a factory reset http://vz.to/UTifbL to the device and test.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mwb_1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was just resolved today. The jetback had blocked the laptop. I do not know how this happened since we had the jetpack less than 12 hours. I just learned today how to go into my.jetpack to block and unblock connections. Would the factory reset have taken care of this problem?

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

That's odd, I'm not aware of any Jetpacks that automatically block connections like this.  Perhaps there is a problem with this specific model that has not been brought to our attention.

Normally I would say yes, a factory reset should clear out the list of blocked devices on a Jetpack.  If not then there is a bigger problem at hand and the Jetpack should get swapped out under its warranty.

0 Likes