Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Prepaid Mobile Broadband - 1 week of prepaid, gone in under 30min. What happened????
ZZZZZZZ

Got a new USB device from VZW and a prepaid 1 week 300MB  service.

Burned it all up in under 30 min. Doing emails.

I turned off all PC updates prior to starting and also setup my firewall (zonealarm) to block all outgoing traffic except from my browser.

Did I miss something?

0 Likes
Re: New Prepaid Mobile Broadband - 1 week of prepaid, gone in under 30min. What happened????
DaveMertz

Using 300MB in 30 minutes would require an average transfer rate of at least 1.33 Mbits per second.  That's certainly an attainable transfer rate (although perhaps a bit beyond what I tend to get during network peak-traffic hours), but usually not seen from just doing e-mail.  Something like a big Windows update (Microsoft did just release a bunch of those) could account for a large download, but you say you have those disabled.

Dave

0 Likes
Re: New Prepaid Mobile Broadband - 1 week of prepaid, gone in under 30min. What happened????
ontheroadagain

go to Altel $40 per month unlimited usage

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole

Hi.  I understand that you used your entire broadband allowance just by checking email.   I am sorry to hear that.   What were you doing in the email?  Were you opening attachments or streaming anything live?

Waiting on your reply :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
ZZZZZZZ

Another part of the puzzle is that skyp was active.

0 Likes
ZZZZZZZ

Sorry, Skyp was in use for a portion of the time in text mode only.

0 Likes