New SIM Card
tibbitandtad

I purchased a USB Modem with a local (foreign) company's service on a month to month plan.  I am currently deployed and getting ready to redeploy back State side. During this the modem worked out great for me and I wanted to know if there is a way to get a new SIM card for it from Verizon? 

0 Likes
Re: New SIM Card
rcurl

Verizon's 3G modems only use a SIM card when they are outside the continental U.S., so you won't be able to use that same one.

The good news is that you can get a free modem if you don't mind signing a 2-year agreement.  If you'd rather not sign up for two years, you can pick up a USB760 on eBay for around 50 bucks and get started without a long-term commitment.  if you go this route make sure it is not a prepaid modem (they have different firmware), and that the ESN is clear.  Get the seller to give you the ESN and then call Verizon customer support to verify that it is clear.

-Rick

0 Likes
tibbitandtad

What is an the ESN. Also I just need a new SIM but if I go with a new device can it be added to my wireless service or will it have to be on a seperate account?  Id rather keep everything together if possible.

0 Likes
rcurl

tibbitandtad wrote:

What is an the ESN.

ESN means Electronic Serial Number.  On some modems it may be called a MEID instead.

tibbitandtad wrote:

Also I just need a new SIM

Please read my first response.  A new SIM will not help you.

tibbitandtad wrote:

if I go with a new device can it be added to my wireless service or will it have to be on a seperate account?  Id rather keep everything together if possible.

I'm not certain about this one.  I think you can still have everything on one account.  That is a question for Verizon (I'm not an employee)

0 Likes