New to Mifi: Verizon has web page detailing GPS but no GPS option for me
oxenburgh

I've looked at other topics and I gather it is not part of the contract but here is this page suggesting it can be part of a contract:

http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=30102

I am on a 30 day trial 9 days or so in and the MiFi is not bad, a tad slow and I am amazed to find crippled even though Verizon's own page if you search for Mifi and GPS offer as solution to enable. However my Novatel MiFi2200 has an updated firmware that has this option cancelled or invisible. Why is it cancelled?

This is not an anti-Verizon rant. I have an iPhone and believe me the service at all levels from phone to data is superior at Verizon. I am a designer and need an iPhone to check how projects work. I will be getting an Android soon from Verizon as the former is a fast growing market.

I want to know if I could have bought a MiFi with the GPS firmware activated?

(With my iPad the Google map Wifi/Tower locator is just as good as a GPS, sometimes better. And the 5GB limit seems to work really well so far.)

I am interested if any Verizon personnel have any input on this. I am in two minds about the MiFi as Verizon plans to bring out LTE soon and I know I'll have to buy at full price. A GPS option would not make me feel so foolish but I understand that Verizon has its business plan.

0 Likes
Re: New to Mifi: Verizon has web page detailing GPS but no GPS option for me
Not applicable
If you want a reply from Verizon, you should probably ask this in tech support. You are posting in a peer-to-peer forum.
0 Likes
Re: New to Mifi: Verizon has web page detailing GPS but no GPS option for me
deadcrow

Did you ever find out more about this?  I just sent an email to VZW support with the link you provided asking how to enable GPS.  I'll post back if I ever hear anything...

0 Likes