New to this forum and really tired of Verizon
NotSure
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello-

I have a MiFi2200.  I want to get a new product, but I have no idea what to do since Salt Lake City, UT is part 4G extended and part 3G and some 4G (the top but I can't remember the name.)  I have the $50 New Every Two but I am not sure there are many choices since I can't use it for a new phone.  The MiFI is so slow, always has been .  I am thinking about calling again but with a Mac I get customer service, who will not transfer me to an advanced tech person who knows Macs.  they try to help me but I can tell they do not know Macs by the words they use and they will not give me to someone who does.

Does anybody have any recommendations on how to get to tech support, the people who can hopefully really help me update the VZ Access but I do not think my MiFI even uses the VZAccess anymore.  I used to have a website I could go to and sign in and change some setting but that is gone.

also, I thought I would post this other post I made here and see if I get any suggestions.  I have never had anything but the MOTO phone with everything blocked except the phone calls in and out.  It is so small, and I am pretty stupid when it comes to understanding these smartphones or the iPhone, so I thought I would just leave the phone with the simple MOTO and use the MIFi for my internet connection.   the MiFi is so slow every time I try to do something like check for software updates or watch a news video it drops the connection because it says the connection was lost, but that is because it is so slow.  I know they have 4G USB devices.  Are they any better?  Should I wait until Salt Lake City is all the top of 4G?  Actually somebody sent me a PM showing me that most of salt Lake /city they have from their computer is the dark red or burgundy, but my display does not show that.

If anybody wants to give me any suggestions or their opinion on my other post, I will paste it here.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Well I lost it so the above is all I have.  🙂

I was looking at the Droid X in place of my old phone and the MIFi but I am not sure if I would be able to figure it out.  I have never had a smartphone

0 Likes
Re: New to this forum and really tired of Verizon
Not applicable
I would stay away from the 4G devices until Verizon resolves problems with the 4G network. Any 3G device is going to be pretty slow. That's the nature of the beast. Maybe within the next few months, the 4G will be more reliable.
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

NotSure wrote:

Hello-

I have a MiFi2200.  I want to get a new product, but I have no idea what to do since Salt Lake City, UT is part 4G extended and part 3G and some 4G (the top but I can't remember the name.)  I have the $50 New Every Two but I am not sure there are many choices since I can't use it for a new phone.  The MiFI is so slow, always has been .  I am thinking about calling again but with a Mac I get customer service, who will not transfer me to an advanced tech person who knows Macs.  they try to help me but I can tell they do not know Macs by the words they use and they will not give me to someone who does.

Does anybody have any recommendations on how to get to tech support, the people who can hopefully really help me update the VZ Access but I do not think my MiFI even uses the VZAccess anymore.  I used to have a website I could go to and sign in and change some setting but that is gone.

also, I thought I would post this other post I made here and see if I get any suggestions.  I have never had anything but the MOTO phone with everything blocked except the phone calls in and out.  It is so small, and I am pretty stupid when it comes to understanding these smartphones or the iPhone, so I thought I would just leave the phone with the simple MOTO and use the MIFi for my internet connection.   the MiFi is so slow every time I try to do something like check for software updates or watch a news video it drops the connection because it says the connection was lost, but that is because it is so slow.  I know they have 4G USB devices.  Are they any better?  Should I wait until Salt Lake City is all the top of 4G?  Actually somebody sent me a PM showing me that most of salt Lake /city they have from their computer is the dark red or burgundy, but my display does not show that.

If anybody wants to give me any suggestions or their opinion on my other post, I will paste it here.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Well I lost it so the above is all I have.  🙂

I was looking at the Droid X in place of my old phone and the MIFi but I am not sure if I would be able to figure it out.  I have never had a smartphone

Thank you for your post, I will address all your concerns below, in chronological order:

MiFi2200 issue: Please ensure that you have the latest version of VZAccess Manager Software. You can find the latest version (including Mac version) at VZAccess Manager Software at your convenience. Please match the software with your current hardware. If you contact our Technical Support and our first level technician is unable to fully resolve your concerns, you will be transferred to a second and/or third level technician if necessary.

Salt Lake City, UT 4G: Please note that we currently do not have 4G coverage in UT; however, our system indicates that we will bring 4G coverage to the Salt Lake City, UT area by the end of 2011. You can find more details at Salt Lake City UT 4G at your convenience.

$50.00 New Every Two: You can use your New Every Two discount towards any wireless device (including any available Smartphone); you can also transfer your upgrade to any other line on your account.

I understand you are new to Smartphones; however, we offer free workshops to assist our new Smartphone users to learn how to take full advantage of their new devices. For more details about out Smartphone workshops please visit the link below:

https://vzwworkshops.wds.vzw.com/vzwworkshops

0 Likes
NotSure
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh how I wish it was as easy as you make it sound. Smiley Happy  thanks.  I spent 1 hour on the phone with Jude in tech support.  He helped some but after we got off the phone, I charged the MIFi2200, put a new battery in and tried to use it.  It works OK for about 10 minutes, the green service light slows down, and then goes into a regular slow blink.  I know from past experience that this means my MacBook Pro will think the internet connection is gone and will shortly tell me.  Well, it did.  The blink stopped to a constant blink.  One thin I think could be an issue is another customer rep replied to an email about all my troubles and told me when I update to the latest VZAccess Manager, connect the MIFI to the Mac, and follow the instructions on the display.  She said there have been so many changes since I last did this in early 2010.  I forgot to ask Jude about this so I tried it.  It did not show any instructions when I opened VZAccess, but id did do some things that I have never seen the MIFI do, I guess because I never used it plugged into my Mac via the USB cable.  It did do some kind of resetting but I now need a tech support to help me go through this reactivation to reset the MIFI to all the changes that have occurred since I last did something like this.  I think the customer rep is on to something.  I did push a clip into the back of the MIFI as Jude told me to when we hang up to reset and I was on the webpage http://192.132.1.1/ (numbers changed just in case), and when I pushed the pin in the back of the MIFi all the numbers in this admin setting website went to all 0'2 and waited a few minutes, they all reset, and the MiFI seemed to work better after that.  I was reluctant to do that and finish it because I need tech support but there was something positive that happened.  I think the reactivation the customer support lady told me to do will help but when I plugged the MIFI into the computer via the USB cable and opened VZAcess Manager, no instructions came up but I was able to get the "Old" data window that used to come up about a year ago with that version that tells me how much data I have used. I wondered what happened to that and it is unfortunate I have to plug the MiFI into the computer to get that data use window up.  Without something that tells me how much I have used, it has been a pain, but actually I have been wasting about $60/mo because the MIFI has not worked long enough to let me use it for anything.  The service lights just go OK and download for awhile but slow down, do a regular slow blink and stop but the service light stays on.

So I got some help but still I need more.  I wish the email addy I send the email to, the way I got Jude, they would forward my email to Jude so he could follow up with me.  I do not want to go through another tech support person because it really never works well, trying to use another person after I have done so much with Jude.

The MiFI was cool when I first got it about 5 years ago but worked for about 6 months (out on the porch) and then all these problems.

I do have 2 New Every Two and was thinking about a Droid X I think it is called but I have to use the $50 on a data device so I was looking at the 4G USB devices.  But one map shows no 4G in Salt Lake City and one map shows a different shade of burgundy which someone on here told me means there is 4G in my area.  The map that just has the red and white does not show 4G by the large circle with a yellow ring but one map Verizon uses has completely different colors.

If you can get Jude in the Internet Response Team to contact me, it would be great.

So what do I do use the $50 for the Droid X, (does the Droid X have Apps?) I think the phone is called or the $35 on a cell phone?  The one Droid x phone gets great reviews (I hope I am using the right name for the device because it really has great reviews except the battery) and I was thinking seriously about getting one.  I do not think I have to use the 4G if indeed it does have 4G or if I should go with the 3G iPhone that is new to Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Sounds like you are in over your head. I don't think you can deal with a smartphone.
0 Likes
NotSure
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interested in any help but not your opinion regarding me having a smartphone or not.  yes you are right, the cell phone is very old and the MIFI has not worked for 6 months.  I need some good tech support.`

thanks

0 Likes
Macg3nius

I read your post about needing help with the Mifi 2200, Im sorry you have not been able to 

find a tech with knowledge of macs.  I fortunately will help you and i have hooked the mifi to 

my mac no problem.  I also used to be a apple care support agent.  If you are interested send 

me a message and let me know. 

0 Likes