No connection to irc server on fdfnet
RayGo1975

I have been having this problem on and off for awhile.

I connect to the internet with a Verizon MiFi 2200 device (that I pay a lot of money for every month).

I go to irc (Internet Relay Chat) to talk to freinds and play trivia. The servers I need to connect to are bethere.fdfnet.net or ibusy.fdfnet.net. I have not been able to connect to bethere.fdfnet.net for the better part of a year and sometimes, like NOW, I can not connect to ibusy.fdfnet.net. I know the problem is not that these servers are down because other people I know are able to connect to them. The reason I beleive this is verizons problem is that if I go to my neighbors house and connect to the internet with their comcast cable connection it works fine to either server.

Please fix this...

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: No connection to irc server on fdfnet
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Are you using DSL or FiOS and I'll move your question to a more appropriate board.

0 Likes
RayGo1975

I am using a Verizon MiFi 2200 so I guess I am using your wireless network.

Please let me know were you move it to via an email {edited for privacy} seeing as I do not see an easy way to get to my posts (like every other forum I belong to).

Also is there a way to get an e-mail when ever this post is updated (again a feature on all other forums)?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
RayGo1975

It has happened again.... I can not connect to bethere.fdfnet.net or ibusy.fdfnet.net. It finds them but then times out when it tries to connect.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the mifi is a cellular device. This would be better off on the Verizo Wireless boards. Its not related to FIOS

0 Likes
RayGo1975

A link to the verizon wireless boards would have been nice.... Now I have to find it in the maze that is Verizon (I had a hard time finding this board).

0 Likes
larrytheG

this is one nutty conversation.... is this forum NOT the

Broadband, Netbook & MiFi Devices  forum?

0 Likes
Hemingray
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW seems to have some thing with blocking IRC at times. try various addresses for your network, as well as various ports if available (like 6666, 6668, 7000, etc). If your IRC client supports SSL connections, and the IRC network in question has SSL connection support on their side (IRCd level), go that route.

0 Likes
wushu2004
Contributor - Level 2

Hmm, I can access IRC channels on my Pixi Plus without any problems.

0 Likes
larrytheG

Different internet providers may not allow all newsgroups .. sometimes on purpose...sometimes an "oops".

I'm not sure how you'd actually get in touch with the Verizon folks who maintain the internet servers but that's who ought to be looking at it...

do they monitor this forum?

0 Likes