Novatel USB760 wont connect - wrong user name and password??
Roen04
This is a recent occurrence.  When I plug in my device and select to connect, under VZAccess manager, it will go through all the steps to connect. During the stage to Authenticate me I am prompted with a message stating that my user name and password are incorrect or have been changed.  This has never been a problem before (Ive been using the device for roughly a month now with no problems)... oddly, I dont recall ever entering a username or password.  Can you help me find a positive resolve?
0 Likes
Re: Novatel USB760 wont connect - wrong user name and password??
Cobalt
Contributor - Level 1
It sounds like some sort of Authentication issue with the network and the card.  Call Verizon customer care at 1-800-922-0204 in order to troubleshoot the issue.
0 Likes
jpierce1979
Yep. Calling customer care is the only thing you can do with an erro like that. It may be occurin on the network. Sometimes, having older VZ access manager software will also create this error. That's why it is always good to check for updates, I don't know, maybe once a month. I just updated my software in January. It was a 6.7.8 then. I just checked it today, and there's already a 6.10.1. I downloaded it and it removed an error that I was getting and also improved the speed.
0 Likes
KaiserBob
Enthusiast - Level 3

More then likely you will need to contact tech support as that is commonly an authentication issue that tech support would have to reset on the system end. Before calling in you can try deleting the connection under Tools>Control Panel>Network&Dialup connections and deleting the National Access-BroadbandAccess or Verizon Wireless VZAccess (or both if you have both listed) and then rerunning the setup wizard under Options>Run Wizard in Access Manager. Also if that dosen't work you can try to connect using NDIS mode under Tools>Preferences and check off NDIS mode. Whether that works or not be sure to go back and uncheck it as that isn't the optimal way to connect but does help in narrowing down where a connection problem is since it bypasses windows dial up networking in establishing an internet connection. If none of the above works you would have to call in, but the fix is usually straightforward and quick at that point.

Hope this helps

0 Likes