Overage Charge on 4GLTE Wireless Hotspot
tinkerasgbell03

I've incurred dditional overage charges on my wireless hotspot from time to time, but I'm noticing being charged for GB that I didn't use. Last month I used 10.944GB then turned off the wifi.  But my bill has charged me as though I went over 2GB.  Is this happening to anyone else.   What's up with this?

0 Likes
Re: Overage Charge on 4GLTE Wireless Hotspot
budone
Legend

Data usage reports are not 'live', meaning you may have used more but the info had not updated in the usage report.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tinkerasgbell, being charged for data you didn't use is not cool at all. Let's get to the bottom of this. What data plan do you have? As budone stated, it is possible that the usage was still being updated and there was additional usage before turning off the hotspot. Login to your My Verizon account and select Data Usage to view your Data Usage Details. This will tell you the dates and times of your usage.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eyeland

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting per the . See for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jrhsr

I have the same problem. I monitor my data usage almost every day, either via the web site or the iPhone app. I keep a spreadsheet so as to not go over my limit. Firstly, I did not get a 90% usage alert like I was set up to get. Also, I have a 14 GB plan. According to the iPhone app's usage total, my daily cumulative GB usage from 2/01-09 was:

The last two were on 2/09, the last day of my billing cycle. The last value, 13.808 was as of 2122 on 2/09. Imagine my horror to find out the next day that they showed that I'd used  a total of 15.533 GB!!! And yet, their video on overages suggests that we closely monitor our usage using their web site or the app!

0 Likes