Overcharge Fees $50/1G
lost89
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past year I have been wondering why my overcharges have been so high. Then I found out about 3 months ago in my contract its $50/1G. When I first signed up for it, in the contract it was $10/1G. Plus on the website here it says $10/1G. This sounds like a breach of contract to me.

I am a hardcore gamer and I spend alot of time playing resource heavy games. So in about 1 hour I use about 200 MB's of my Monthly plan. I am out in the middle of the country so cable is out of the question.

I pay my bills every month. So what I figure is that Verizon has done this: "Hey this guy has alot of overcharge fees and he still pays his bill. Lets Turn it Up!" So now instead of paying a $600-$750 bill I am paying a $1500-$3000 Bill. This is messed up!

We do have a registered business for our farm. Could I put a Unlimited Card under our business for the farm? If I get an unlimited card, what exactly is Unlimited? 50GB? 100GB?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Overcharge Fees $50/1G
budone
Legend

There is more to this story than you are sharing. So I will refrain from commenting until we hear as Paul Harvey used to say, 'The, Rest.... Of The Story

lost89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, that is the story. There is no more to the story than that.

Other than the bill is for the Family of 5. 5 Phones, 7 Broadband cards. But the Overcharge Fees are $600-$3000.

0 Likes
beachlvr
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are actually correct!!  I have been watching my bill go up each month and when I questioned Verizon they blundered through their explanations.  My contract was supposed to UNLIMITED for $50 -

Verizion is doing NOTHING but ADVANTAGE of their HARD WORKING CUSTOMERS that are already being hit left and right during these bad economic times.  This should be reported Diane Sawyer or Good Morning America, let them do a hard hit special on Verizon Wireless and how they are taking advantage of hardworking americans during the ecomonic downfall -  

I have seen my bill go from $128 to almost $300 per month and I don't use any more than I did before...

lost89
Enthusiast - Level 2

So at least perhaps something is happening to other customers as well. Thank God its not only us! We are getting pounded into thin ham!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'd like to toss in my 2 cents on these various billing issues. Without specific details on what the charges are for, we can't really get to the bottom of your concern.  To view your bill during the month, I suggest signing in to My Account > Click on Print Bill which will give you the most detailed breakdown of each line.

I'd also like to point out that the rate of overage does not change from what everyone's contract states. If you signed up for a plan that has $10/GB overage rate, it should be exactly that. It will not matter if you pay your bill late, on time, or whether you use 1GB over versus 8GB over. The rate stays the same. For the record, we do not have any current broadband plans either 3G or 4G that charge $50 per GB over the allowance.  I'm confident that if you take a look at the details of each bill, you'll see exactly that.

I will say that it does get rather confusing if you have a blend of both 3G and 4G modems and/or tablets.  The rates, allowances, and overage charges per GB do vary between these plans.  However, they are clearly identified on the page for each line on the bill. For example, if you have 10 different broadband lines, and you're wonder what plan/overage/allowance you have for the 555-444-1111 line, scroll to that page on the bill. To the left, you will see the plan title, the allowance, and the price per GB you pay if you were to exceed your allowance. 

Note: Remember to use the "Print Bill" button/hyperlink for the most detailed breakdown.

If you would like a representative to help break down the bill line by line, fell free to give customer service a ring with the bill in front of you or on your computer screen. Walking through a bill line by line with a billing expert will alleviate any confusion on the charges.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
4x4van
Enthusiast - Level 1

lost89, you've been wondering why your overages have been so high for "OVER A YEAR"? 

beachlvr, your bill has gone from $128 to $300 without any change in your usage?

Sorry, I don't buy it.  Anyone who comes on here and claims that their bill is increasing for no reason is either lying or stupid.  EVERY bill that you get has a detailed breakdown of EXACTLY what the charges are and what they are for, for each and every line of service.  If your bill is higher than expected, look at your bill, perhaps? (Gee, what a concept).

0 Likes
lost89
Enthusiast - Level 2

First off..."Over a year" is extremely exaggerated. Second off, I aint lying and I aint stupid. Third off, in my bill it does NOT list WHY the overage fees are so high. Last bill for the month of January was over $1300. One air card was over $250 and the other $330. The $330 one was 5GB over. Now lets do the math, 5x50 = $250 Plus all the other charges and stuff somehow reaching $330. Now for the $250 one, 4.5 GB over. 4x50+25 = $225 Plus all the other charges and stuff = $267. There is Nothing else on my bill that gives concrete reason why the overcharge fees are $50 per gig.

0 Likes
tmt13
Enthusiast - Level 2

If all you can do reply with smarta** and useless remarks that paint you as the master of the obvious, maybe you should go elsewhere and spew your great wisdom.

0 Likes
lost89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey talk to the guy above me, if I feel someone is giving smarta** to me I'll give it right back.

0 Likes