Overcharge Fees
VickieBrooks73

<< Branched from an older discussion to a new topic for better exposure >>

I too have been overcharged $932 on our account this year after reviewing what we were billed then paid.  After contacting Verizon via telephone a customer service rep pulled up our account and said $300 worth were late charges but she couldn't account for the rest.  It looked to her as if we were overcharged between $600-$650.  My point was that is if we weren't overcharged the extra $932 then we probably wouldn't have accrued late charges of $300 but we agreed to the $600 credit via telephone.  She was supposed to call us back by now to confirm the credit but has not.  When we contacted Verizon tonight they had record of the phone calls and the credit request but this other rep said our account was correct and we had to pay that extra $932 with still no explanation of the additional charges (we have only ever used a 1/3 of our data plan each month, never been over on minutes and never been over on texting).  There is $608 due by the end of the month.  When that is paid, we would pay Verizon $4008 this year for 2 Droids and my 12 year old son's little 5 year old flip phone which we keep.  It's only used if he's elsewhere, he hates using a phone.  Like I said, never went over on data, text or minutes.  Is that specific enough?  It seems Verizon is accusing people of not telling the entire "story" on this thread and all I know is I'm not a liar, I'm broke.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Overcharge Fees
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

Keep in mind the reps at verizon get a nice healthy bonus around March/April

One of the Nice Perks of working for for Big Red

0 Likes
Not applicable

evdotech wrote:

Keep in mind the reps at verizon get a nice healthy bonus around March/April

Yes Verizon is deliberately ripping people off. Because you know bad press, lawsuits and federal investigations and possible prison time for CEOs is a good business strategy. I must be on their good list because I never seem to run into these issues. I do find it odd that it takes someone a year to figure out they are being overbilled. You get a bill every month it states what each charge is for. I think it would take me ONE month to figure out I was being overcharged. There is more to this story.

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

I was being sarcastic, I guess I failed...I also agree more to the story  People if you need help finding out where your data is going and coming get a Peplink Balance Router.  You can view usage coming and going HOURLY, DAILY, MONTHLY, AND more important what computer or device is using it.  Then you can put a stop to it:

Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 1.23.08 PM.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

evdotech wrote:

I was being sarcastic, I guess I failed...

Sorry I see so many people that post here that actually believe Verizon is ruthless corporation run by Dr Evil.

VickieBrooks73

Like I said, we are VERY LOW data users.  Verizon has all of that info as well, they were the ones that told us we were low users and changed our plan to save us money during the same conversation that she said we were owed $600+ in a credit. I made that point in my original posting, the fact that we have never been over on data, text or minutes but I guess it's worth mentioning again since it's being brought up again.

0 Likes
VickieBrooks73

I'm not saying Verizon is Dr. Evil or whatever, I'm just saying, it's very black and white.  Verizon admits our bill should be $255 including taxes each month but I've paid $4008 in 2012.  It's not hard to understand that this should be questioned.

0 Likes
VickieBrooks73

One more thing, we have been Verizon Wireless Customers for 20 years when it was GTE MobileNet, then Verizon bought them out eventually.  I would think they could treat us a litter better than they they are.   

0 Likes
Not applicable

I wasn't referring to you or your specific issue. I was responding to evdotech.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Listen all your charges are on your bill. So if you were overcharged it would not be hard to figure out where that came from. I'm not sure why that is complicated.

0 Likes