Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
PC5750 won't wake up from Sleep
Portus

I have a D820 Dell with a PC5750 card and it will not wake up from sleep.

If I reboot the computer it works fine ( running XP) , as soon as I put the computer to sleep it will not find the card unless I reboot?

I used this card in a Dell 420 for years without this problem?

Thanks

Port

0 Likes
Re: PC5750 won't wake up from Sleep
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Portus!

It must really be annoying to keep having to reboot your PC in order for it to recognize the card after putting the PC to sleep! I'd like to help. Your post mentions that the card worked in a different Dell for years before you ran into this issue. Is there a way you can try the card with the Dell 420 to see if it still works with no problem? This allows us to pinpoint the issue. If the card works with the Dell 420 after having the issue with the D820 Dell, we can determine that the 5750 is not malfunctioning.

Please try this and post back with your results. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: PC5750 won't wake up from Sleep
evdotech
Novice

Attempt to have a constant ping to say 8.8.8.8 that should keep you connected.

0 Likes