PC770 Express Install Problem
A8TO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Notebook: HP 6930P - VISTA Enterprise.

Card - PC770 2-in-1

Notebook has only PC Express slot.  New card from Verizon.  When I insert the Express card  windows installs the card as a Novatel Mass Storage USB Device under DVD/CD-ROM Drives under device manager.  Not a Modem.  No software install was started after the drives were loaded so I started a manual software load. I get to the step where it says to insert the wireless card.  I insert the card and it is never found.  Install just sits there.  What do I do next?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PC770 Express Install Problem
A8TO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured it out.  Went to the Drivers folder under the CD-Rom drive that was created.  Ran NvtDriverCDFilter_V2.02.11.001.exe.  This loaded all the modem drivers and created the Novatel Wireless Modem device.  The VZAccess software did not start itself, but there was a VZAccess folder and I ran it from there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
A8TO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured it out.  Went to the Drivers folder under the CD-Rom drive that was created.  Ran NvtDriverCDFilter_V2.02.11.001.exe.  This loaded all the modem drivers and created the Novatel Wireless Modem device.  The VZAccess software did not start itself, but there was a VZAccess folder and I ran it from there.

0 Likes
Doug104
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem.  Could you provide a little more detail about your fix? Where did u get the file that you ran? Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Hemingray
Enthusiast - Level 3

Autorun may be disabled on your PC. Normally the installer will launch on it's own after the mass storage drivers are loaded and enabled.

0 Likes