Pantech 4G LTE USB Modem Cisco VPN Connection
aryana

I recently installed a Pantech 4G air card which will not allow me to access my remote network when I establish a VPN connection to my office network. I'm using a Cisco VPN client which seems to work fine with my previous air card (3G). I've tried installing the 4G air card on other machines and it's still having connection issues after it authenticates via VPN. Does the 4G require specific port that we need to open on our network?

0 Likes
Re: Pantech 4G LTE USB Modem Cisco VPN Connection
mj5300

I have the same problem.  Any resolution???

0 Likes
MRCollins

Has anyone tried the new VZ Access Manager that was released recently for the Pantech 290?  

go here:  VZ Access Manager   this also includes: L0290VWB522F.242  

Try that update with the VPN. 

VZ Access versions:

XP  & Vista (SP2)  -  7.6.4 (2672s)
 Windows 7 - 7.6.4 (2672s )  
 Mac 7.3.1  (2673e)  

if VPN is still not working  then call VZW 611 support and report the issue. 

Before calling make a note of which systems the VPN is not working on. 

Windows XP -  32 bit?  64 bit?  Windows 7  - 32 bit? 64 bit?   

Would first test on different systems to see if  there is an issue with certain types of OS systems. 

Did it ever work on the Pantech LTE card in the past?  

Will it  work on any 4G/LTE cards other than a Pantech 290 ?  

Did it ever work when on a 3G card?

Would suggest testing as much as possible before calling VZW 611 support to save some time.

If you are still having issues with Pantech 290 and the  VPN  then call VZW 611 support.

611 support must send tickets to network to report issues.  if no calls..then network has 0 tickets.  and 0 issues.

0 Likes
Edward123

I am working through the same problems.

Refer to these Cisco support documents.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17314

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml#solution01

Since the 4G network is behind a RFC1918 (10.x.x.x) address space we are having trouble with the VPN client.

0 Likes
Edward123

We built a new PIX and configured NAT-traversal on it. That fixed the problem using a UML290 aircard with Verizon's network.

0 Likes