Pantech UML 290
IronhorseFarm

We upgraded to it last year and have had considerable connectivity problems with it.  We were told that, although it is a 4G device and our service is still 3G, the device would work fine.   Tech support said that we were on the fringe of the range where we live in the mountains.  This was excusable until recently.  A friend with a smart phone comes over, dials his connection, sets the phone beside my laptop and connectivity is EXCELLENT.  I disconnect him, reconnect with the Pantech UML 290 again, access manager says connection poor.  What say to that Tech support???????

0 Likes
Re: Pantech UML 290
shortribs

Wish I could help! Piece of junk!  I am experiancing the same symtoms you have and more.I have spent hours trying to get UML290 and its associated VZ manager to work. Its erratic, sometimes on sometimes off but the most aggravating is that I can not get it to DISCONNECT. I can close VZ Manager but I am still connected, burning up connect time and using resources. I at least have come to know about six Techs in different states who admit they are baffled. Sure would like to use my old UM175 (3G) but Verizon charges about $120 a year for that.  But it was reliable! This has been a very unsatisfactory "upgrade"!

Latest: When I turn my computer on I am connected without starting VZ Manager. But I cannot DISCONNECT. If I go to Task manager (Windows Vista) I can sometimes disconnect. Only sure way is to restart computer or unplug modem.

0 Likes