Ok, long story here. We first had a UM175 USB card. It worked great until we had to reinstall Windows XP for other reasons. I then reinstalled the VZaccess manager but it kept not connecting. It kept saying the device was in use. Verizon was of little help so we just got a new one. Now we have a Pantech UML290 4G card.
However, it is still doing the same thing! It first threw that error about the device being in use. But now when I try to connect, it throws error 2114 "Cannot connect". Also, as soon as I hit connect, the card gets disabled in the Device Manager. I am pretty sure it is the fault of the computer but I just need this fixed. It is a Thinkpad T61 fully updated.
I have disabled the USB devices from sleeping and tried a different USB port. The card plugged in fine the first time, updated the firmware, and installed the drivers just fine.