I have loaded the latest vzam and attempted to use my Pantech uml290. The device is recognized ok and all looks good until I attempt to connect. The first time I receied the wm2005 error. The next attempts resulted in the wmc2001 error.
Windows xp sp3
Thanks in advance for any help.
Since posting, has your issue been resolved? If not, please try these steps for a resolution to your issue.
Step#1: Please install MR3 VZAM (22.214.171.124_2672s)
Step#2: Please go to path "C:\Program Files\Verizon Wireless\Firmware Updates\Pantech".
Step#3: Please execute MR3 Firmware updater (L0290VWB522F_242.exe) with device plugged into PC.
Step$4: Please wait until firmware upgrade is completed.
Step#5: After completion of firmware update, please force to detect device in VZAM.
Step#6: Then VZAM will properly recognize device and user can connect to network via VZAM.
Please post back with your findings and any updates.
Thanks very much!
I downloaded and installed the vzam_126.96.36.199_2672s a couple of days ago. However the pantech sw (...vwac32f_216) is not the same as what you listed and is dated 1/11/2011.
I removed VZAM via add/remove programs. Deleted the Verizon Wireless directory which contained an old pantech .exe.
I reinstalled vzam but there is no pantech folder under the Verizon Wireless folder.
I understand your frustration in getting these error messages when trying to connect to the Internet. I see that you have already done some troubleshooting on your own. I have researched the error codes further and the issue seems to be the inability to connect to the Internet. As long as the 4G modem is activated, you should have no problems connecting.
I took the liberty to go to Microsoft's website for some additional troubleshooting on your PC. Please click on the following link and follow the steps:
Please post your results, thank you!