Problem w/internal broadband card on Son Vaio Lifestyle
SelfishMom

I've had a Sony Lifestyle PC for 9 months.  The big attraction for me was not having to be near Wi-Fi to be online.  When the broadband is working, it's fantastic.  But a couple months ago it stopped working.  I spent a couple hours on the phone with Verizon, and they finally determined that the computer was simply not detecting the card and there was nothing they could do.

I took it to Sony, which charged me $100 to reinstall windows (something I can't do on my own since there's no disc drive) and broadband magically worked again.

It stopped working again yesterday.  I can't afford the time or money or aggravation to deal with taking it in to Sony again.  Any suggestions?  When I go to the SmartWi Connection Utility and try to turn on anything listed - Wireless WAN, Wireless LAN, or Bluetooth, nothing happens (although Wi-Fi & BT seem to be working fine).

When I launch the VZAccess Manager it says that the device is disabled and all of the different troubleshooting options do nothing to help.  Yes, wireless is turned on.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.

0 Likes