Problems activating USB760 modem, purchased at Target
alec

I don't understand what's happening...

Just purchased a USB760 modem for prepaid usage.

Installed the software directly from the modem, launched VZAccess Manager - modem is detected but not 'Configured' (I guess that's the term).

The ZVAccess manager repeatedly show the "Configuring Device" progress popup... the VZAM application shows that a USB760 is connected, but I can't manage to get past this stage.

Also - from reading your forums I understand there should have been a 10 digit wireless number at the package? - i have not seen any. where exactly?

BTW the cash register receipt clearly indicates "ACTIVATION SUCCESSFUL"

Appreciate any help...

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Problems activating USB760 modem, purchased at Target
Not applicable

I don't know the answer, but I would start by calling Verizon customer service and see if they can resolve it for you.

0 Likes
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

alec wrote:

I don't understand what's happening...

Just purchased a USB760 modem for prepaid usage.

Installed the software directly from the modem, launched VZAccess Manager - modem is detected but not 'Configured' (I guess that's the term).

The ZVAccess manager repeatedly show the "Configuring Device" progress popup... the VZAM application shows that a USB760 is connected, but I can't manage to get past this stage.

Also - from reading your forums I understand there should have been a 10 digit wireless number at the package? - i have not seen any. where exactly?

BTW the cash register receipt clearly indicates "ACTIVATION SUCCESSFUL"

Appreciate any help...

Thanks

What version on VZAccess Manager are you using? You can trying downloading the latest version and see if that helps.

0 Likes
alec

Thanks all repliers...

Just spent 10 minutes on the phone with Verizon support rep. Problem not resolved...

They suspect the problem is in the Modem dongle, need to go back to the retailer.

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

Alex try getting from 3gstore.com instead I just got my Ipad and I was looking for internet service to connect on the road to and I wanted to go with Verizon sorry AT&T but Verizon has coverage everywhere, I found a great deal for Verizon and its even called Verizon49, I got my data card and service from http://3gstore.com/lease  

Here is the kicker 3gstore.com offered me the data service with no contract no credit checks, and on the Verizon Wireless Network for $49.99 that is lower than buying from Verizon itself, It's one of the lowest price out in the market and now I am able to connect,  Oh yeah....

0 Likes