Problems with USB720 modum
Birddog6

I am using a USB 720 & have had issues with it from the time I got it.(aprox 2 years) This is the 3rd device. Have spent hours on the phones with their tech supports & they only got it working 1 timeIt will work fine for a while & then goes to crap........  For the past 2 months it has been lousy service.

It connects fine & then in 5 -10 min it goes dead. Message comes on & says  Failure to powe ther PC CardYou can unplug it & plug it back in & in a minute ithe computer will find it, you reconnect & it is fine for 5-10 min.

I have 2 desktops & a laptop & it does it on all 3 computersI bought an intenna to boost the signal & that doesn't seem to make any difference. Even tried it on other peoples laptops & does the same thing.

It seems to do this the most when I only have 1 or 2 bars of signal, if it is 3 or 4 bars it does much better.

And of course it is very slow. Takes me 5 min to dowload 5 MBTested today it was download .14 MB/s  Upload .10 MB/s  Ping was  976 ms

Now once in a while it will really work good & it is super fast & I tested it & it downloaded 5 mb in 36 seconds, which is not fast to some but to me that is smokin, when you are used to it taking 5 min !

When I call Tech Support, I go thru all the same stuff, over & over, and end up with no solution. ..

Does anyone knowIs this particular Modem a clunkerI can upgrade  to a dif Modem & don't mind doing it, but not if it is no better than what I haveThey want me to sign a 2 year contract to upgrade & I really don't want 2 more years of the same  aggravating stuff.

Or should I just get a satellite put in & be done with the card.........  (Can't get DSL or Cable Modem)

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Problems with USB720 modum
Birddog6

Oh, it died again before I could finish & send the above message. 

And VZ Access manager  manager come on the screen & says I am still connected, but the modem is dead as a door nail....................

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have two possible suggestions.  Maybe you need a USB cord that plugs into two USB ports at once so your USB720 gets more power.  My other suggestion is you should upgrade to a USB760.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
You can do the upgrade and if the problem continues you can return the new card within 30 days for a full refund. Your contract/upgrade dates will also revert back to what they are now. I say give it a try. What can it hurt?
0 Likes
Birddog6

I have the double USB plug cable connected to the modum. First I got it, then I got the external entenna.  I guess I will go try the 760 and see how it does & take it back if it doesn't do any better.

I see they have several other new ones avail, but there are only 4-5 feedbacks on them & that is not enough to base anything on.

Thanks

Keith

0 Likes