Problems with Verizon Hub...anyone else expereience this....
Yngwie77

I've had Verizon Hub for a about 3 months now and I have to say I hate it....I love the theory behind it and wouldnt mind spending the extra $$ for it but I have major problems with it.

every couple days it just disconnects....and I have no idea until someone calls my cell and tells me they've been trying to call...when i check it I have no dial tone and have to unplug and reboot it....whats up with that happens every few days without fail sometimes even more frequent.

Also I cant believe no one complains about ringtone volume.....I have 3 handsets and can barely hear the phone ringing....plus you would think one of the ringtones would just be a nice loud ring but they are all dumb midi sounds that can barely be heard...anyone else have these problems, im about to call and insist the switch me back to reg home phone service....

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Verizon Hub...anyone else experience this....
Stantheman

I had a very similar problem and it turned out to be my broadband connection- sorta.  I never had any issues with my broadband connection- Cablevision 5mb up and 13mb down- nice and fast.  BUT my hub did the same thing. 

What I found was that I would lose the voice connection on my hub, but the Weather and stuff would still work... but eventually everything would stop working.  What I found was that the cable modem would stop working and after about 15 mins it would reset it self but the hub wouldn't connect up.

After months of being very frustrated with the hub I called Cablevision in and the guy here dropped a tester on my line and even though my speeds were fast, never lost a ping, and the signal strength was great- I was generating a ton of errors on the line.  And since the hub is always talking to the mother ship- a lot I guess- the errors would cause the cable modem to crash and reboot.

After moving my modem to a better connection- error free- I haven't had any issue with the hub losing its connection. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the antenna on the hub is terrible so I'm not saying that its the perfect device- but at least its working for me now and not dying. 

I would also suggest that if you are running into problems do what we did- turn on the additional ring feature and have it ring a cell phone when it rings your hub (or should ring your hub)... this way you won't miss calls and when you do get it to work it will help you regain trust in it.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Verizon Hub...anyone else expereience this....
InsuranceTECH

I had your same issues for the first 3-4 months and was pulling my hair out trying to solve the issue from my office.  Low and behold, when Vz sent me a 'new' refurbed unit, it worked PERFECTLY.  I, like you, tried to solve the issues by changing to the Vz router(which I originally did without any success), but once they sent me the 'new' phone unit, it has worked as described.  I could try to go back to my Linksys router, but why mess up a good thing?!  I've not had any dropped calls in the last month!

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Verizon Hub...anyone else expereience this....
Yngwie77

Thanx for the replies guys glad to see i'm not the only one....I'm going to have to call them and try both testing the line and the actual unit because the way it is now its ridiculous.  It would be awesome if it worked fine but I cant have the phone out of service every couple days and not know about it. 

Anyone else have any comments about the ringer...the call forwarding idea to my cell is a good idea but it shouldnt have to be that way.  Those ringtones it comes with suck.  Volume i way too low....

0 Likes