Re: Network Extender
pshayholly

I have a network extender and it works great.  My issue is that I have managed the device to allow priority access to the two cell phones on our plan, but there is no way to restrict access for all other cell phones within range.  Now we have paid $250 to give the neighbors and passerbyers free access to cell service.  And even worse they are congregating across the street outside of our house.  Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict access to everyone else?  If not, Verizon please add this feature!!!!

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Yes it does offer security. Here is the link on what type of security and how to set it up http://tinyurl.com/c6xlju

0 Likes
Vzwguy2010

Actually Zachary, 

You are spreading misinformation.

Verizon Wireless does not have that security for the Network Extender available to customers.

You can manage a list of 50 numbers for PRIORITY access to the Network Extender, which will bump anyone who is not in the list off the Network Extender.  This is the verbiage from the "Manage Network Extender" support page:

"Create a list of up to 50 Verizon Wireless cell phone numbers to receive priority access to your Network Extender. Where a compatible cell tower is unavailable, callers that do not appear on your managed access list may access the Network Extender when not in use by priroty callers. All callers may access the Network Extender for emergency (E911) calls."

Verizon Wireless does not offer a way to total secure the Network Extender to only the number on the 'priority/managed access list'.

I also have the same issue as the original poster in regards to neighbors on my Network Extender.

Having this security would be nice as the neighbors are using my Network Extender most of the night.

0 Likes