Re: Verizon Jetpack hotspot minute usage going through the roof, but I'm not doing anything differently.
Counselor2002
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem. I only use my jet pack when I travel. Today I got a notice that I had used up 75% of my data. I had it turned on from 4pm until 10 pm and was not using it all the time.

How could this happen!

(Branched to this new discussion for better exposure..original thread too old)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

Re: Verizon Jetpack hotspot minute usage going through the roof, but I'm not doing anything differently.
Counselor2002
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem. Used75% in one day. Something is wrong.

Lettuceman007
Enthusiast - Level 2

we had the same thing happen. I am paying for an extra 5gig every month

ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello comunity members! I can understand your concerns about your data usage. We offer several methods to track your usage including #DATA and the My Verizon Mobile App. The best method for you to utilize would be to monitor your usage at www.vzw.com. You can view each data session by time and data transmitted. Here are the instructions below:

1.   Sign in to My Verizon
  2. Locate the I Want To... section.

3. Under the BILL column click View Usage. The My Current Usage page displays.

image553.jpg

4. If appropriate, Select A Line to view usage for a different line.

5. Select View Detail

Please let me know if you need additional asssitance. You all have a great day!

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
crum

Thank you for explaining how to look at usage.  Unfortunately I have done this repeatedly and it offers no significant detail as to WHAT is actually happening.  I can only tell you it is at night, when NO device is on and there is no valid explanation for what is happening.  This is supposed to be a secure connection, with a password, so why can we not leave this device on?  Technicians have told us that it needs to be shut off at night.  Can you explain why?  I can't understand why, if we shut our devices off, we can't leave it on.  Isn't that a benefit we should be paying for?  After all, it is like having a secure internet service isn't it?  If not, I guess we need to consider a different service.

0 Likes
wesj

I got an alert last week saying I was at 51% 10 days into my cycle.  I looked at my data details on my jetpack.  I've got some random usage times which would make sense but I also have data usage reported every 6 hours, (1:30 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m....).  I supposedly used 1.35GB from 1:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. one morning while we were asleep.  Just looking at how my usage reports every 6 hors makes me think something is wrong.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
bill_r

Could be windows updates (or antivirus definitions being updated)

0 Likes
Re: Re: Verizon Jetpack hotspot minute usage going through the roof, but I'm not doing anything differently.
Counselor2002
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have turned off my card and am not using it until I can get an answer. Of course Verizon is still collecting $50 per month. I have had my friends and family ask me about the card and I tell them to hold off buying until I get this cleared up. Verizon promised a call but none so far. M

Sent from my iPad

Marie

>Personal info and web site removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Travelers2

I am having the same problems.  We are hardly using this thing and I when the contract is up I am getting somthing different with a different company.  When I have gone in to a Verizon store to find out why I am just given the run around with 'well you are probably playing games - NO - watching TV programs -never - and on and on.  I did not have this problem until March of last year - and I used to play games on FB a lot.  In fact, we used to be one for hours a day, now hardly at all and this month we have gone over FOUR times?  This is just so wrong with all the complaints that Verizon is getting and they do nothing.  I am so against class action law suits but man if some one gets one for this I am going for it.  I feel like each month when we go over we are being stolen from. I have gone to the page where you can put in hour many hours a day or week or month you will be doing different things on iine.  I have put down hours of playing games, doing email and it tells me we should be about half of what we are allowed. Well we can use 25% in one day according to Verizon and that is with being on for maybe an hour or two.  There is something very, very wrong with this mifi and I am tired of over paying. Please Verizon listen to us consumers - we are not going to stay with you.  And when my unlimited phone contract is up and my phone finally dies I am changing that plan over to another compnay that does not have limited anything.

0 Likes
sodone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dont you think they already know how to monitor their usage since they have realized that Verizon is robbing them? Why dont you explain to them how that program that logs the data usage and makes it available to read by you and I, actually works, and who programmed it. Explain how data usage gets logged when the device is turned off. That is the what they want to know. They didnt ask you how to monitor their usage, or run account analysis, or upgrade to a bigger data package to avoid overage fees. Read and understand the issue being talked about next time before you respond with irrelevant information