Reduced speeds on MiFi?
StephSmith

I have two MiFi 2200 devices that I've had since around the time they were introduced.  Until about 2 months ago, the speed was fantastic.  Since then, I've found that even when on EVDO-A networks, I'm only averaging 200-300 kbps for download speeds.  Upload speeds, ironically, have been about the same.  I updated the firmware last week in hopes that it might help, but if anything, things seem slower.  Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?  Is this just Verizon's network not being ready to handle all the extra traffic as more and more people are getting Droids?  Or is this a technical issue?  Suggestions?  Thanks! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Reduced speeds on MiFi?
Cellguru

StephSmith wrote:

I have two MiFi 2200 devices that I've had since around the time they were introduced.  Until about 2 months ago, the speed was fantastic.  Since then, I've found that even when on EVDO-A networks, I'm only averaging 200-300 kbps for download speeds.  Upload speeds, ironically, have been about the same.  I updated the firmware last week in hopes that it might help, but if anything, things seem slower.  Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?  Is this just Verizon's network not being ready to handle all the extra traffic as more and more people are getting Droids?  Or is this a technical issue?  Suggestions?  Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Is the problem in one specific area or all over the place?  

If it is one specific area, I would contact Verizon and start a trouble ticket.  It could be an equipment issue, lack of backhaul issue, or there could be some temporary project that is sucking up all the bandwidth.   If so you won't be the only complaint, and that should speed getting it fixed up. 

If it is all over, then I would suspect the units themselves, but the fact that both exhibited this symptom at the same time seems unlikely.   You might try rolling back the firmware, sometimes that can improve things.

HTH

0 Likes
Re: Reduced speeds on MiFi?
reehl999

I am having the same problem with my MiFi Which started about 2 months ago. I had a trouble ticket worked

and the answer I got was that the network has a problem that will take till February to fix! Have you had any luck

with your problem. I am In Delhi, ca which is about 20 Miles south of Turlock, CA. The only thing Verizon will do for me is a 10% discount. I have not tried it in a different area yet but I will.

0 Likes