Registering the data device
Six06
Enthusiast - Level 1
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but when I went to register the samsung and log into my account, it said a temporary password was being texted to the number on the account (I.e. The data device's assigned number). Hello. The device can not receive texts. I contacted a rep and asked her to text it to my mobile number that I used to sign up with, she said no, it would have to be mailed to me. Not even emailed, but mailed. She then suggested trying to sign in with the "forgot password" option ... Which then tells me "you have not set up a secret question". Yeah, couldn't do that since I could not complete registration without the temporary. Password. The website is set up so non user friendly, it is ridiculous. And I find it ironic that a company that deals in text, data transfer, broadband uses the SLOWEST option available to get critical information to me. Ugh.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Registering the data device
Not applicable

Six06,

Hi there!

We do have a new system in place that allows you to receive the temporary password via email, granted you can provide the email address on file. This system is implemented based off customer feedback.  

Please advise if you continue to have problems registering for My Verizon. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

The mobile hotspot devices (Samsung/Novatel) have a known limitation when it comes to interacting with the VZAccess software and MyAccount.  On older hotspot devices you could interface them with VZAccess and retrieve text messages, but the newer ones do not work the same way.  The system that they use is designed for cell phones and obviously does not work very well with these new devices.  I went through the same experience with my MiFi 4510L, and they told me the same things you are reporting.

More info here:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discussion/VZAccess-Manager-for-MiFi4510L/m-p/537912#M2845

In the end there isnt anything we can do about it.  When it comes to checking your account/data plan information the best tool is to use the 1(800) number and work your way through the options.

0 Likes
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

Six06 wrote:
Hello. The device can not receive texts. I contacted a rep and asked her to text it to my mobile number that I used to sign up with, she said no, it would have to be mailed to me.

The sad part is twofold:  They can't use the overly high security they have in place with the devices they are selling.

The level of security is stupid.  My bank doesn't require this level of security.

No alternative?  Not even a voice message to the home phone number registered to the account?

In my case, I did receive the mail a few days later, and I did get connected.

--

Clarence

0 Likes
Not applicable

Six06,

Hi there!

We do have a new system in place that allows you to receive the temporary password via email, granted you can provide the email address on file. This system is implemented based off customer feedback.  

Please advise if you continue to have problems registering for My Verizon. 

Thank you!

0 Likes