Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - SCH11
Leon-Story

Which style password entry is used by this device to join the network, ASCII or Hexadecimal?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - SCH11
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Leon-Story,

I apologize for the delayed response.  I would be happy to help address your concerns with the security profile of the Samsung SCH-LC11. When accessing the Wi-Fi admin pages Wi-Fi Configuration section and updating the password you are given an option to enter 5 ASCII characters or 10 HEX characters. If you are having a specific concern with your device I can help further.  Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns you may have.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Leon-Story

Hello YaleK,

What are the steps to reset the password on my Samsung Hotspot?

I have tried following the information on the Verizon web site to no avail.

0 Likes
Leon-Story

Hello YaleK,

I found the "Password Change" process, but chose not to change my password at this time.

I still have not been able to connect my PowerBook via Airport card to my Hotspot.

Still some confusion with password.  My Verizon Password profile information describes the type as "WPA Personal/PSK(TKIP)".  I don't understand the /PSK(TKIP)?   My PoweerBook is trying to connect using WPA Personal. 

0 Likes
Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - SCH11
Leon-Story

YaleK, can I turn off the Password requirement for the Samsung Hotspot?  

I would like to try connecting the PowerBook without answering the Password requirement.

0 Likes