Re: Samsung 4G LTE problem
chpfreak

Hi there.  Been having same problem as most others with the Samsung 3g/4g device.  Just spoke with Verizon Customer Support 08/24/11 at 1030 hours.  Was told there is a trouble ticket on this.  Said the problem appears to be 3g conflicting with 4g, one trying to work over the other.  Was told this is occuring due to my service area being between 3g and 4g coverage but should go away once my area is totally covered by 4g service.  Said should happen within couple of months.  Does this sound accurate or was it just lip service to appease the natives for a while?  Any info would be great.  May go back to my 3g USB modem, way more reliable.  Thanks, Jason

0 Likes
totoro226

I just downloaded the firmware from Samsung and it appears to be fixed.  Read this FAQ from Samsung and instructions how to update

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PRO...

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

totoro226 wrote:

I just downloaded the firmware from Samsung and it appears to be fixed.  Read this FAQ from Samsung and instructions how to update

The link redirects to a private email account.

0 Likes
totoro226
0 Likes
totoro226
0 Likes
loriinal
Thanks for posting. I am on my 4th device now and have had continual problems. This has (at least for now) helped me connect again. Hope it lasts because I am fed up with this device!
0 Likes
Realslick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same problem. This is my second device. It's pretty upsetting that no one at Verizon can accurately solve this problem that--clearly--many people have.

0 Likes
Angry_LTE_user

I have the most recent firmware update on a Samsung LC11 that I just purchased within the last two weeks. 

I am having all the problems that others have reported with frequent disconnects. 

I have tried using the open profile, so one conjecture that has been advanced, that this has something to do with the security settings can't be right. 

It is shameful that Verizon continues to sell this device when there seems to be a known problem and no known fix. 

0 Likes
thenry67
Flawless! Good catch! I saw an immediate improvement
0 Likes
adorable96

Ubuntu_Guy  Thank you! I'm hoping your solution is my fix. :smileyhappy: Hasn't dropped me yet. *knock on particle board desk that looks like wood*

0 Likes