Samsung LC11 Hotspot Issues
jeff11

The Samsung LC11 Wifi Hotspot seems to have issues I can't get to the bottom of.  First, I switched my security to WPA2-AES and the Wifi part is rock solid, I suggest everyone do that through the settings.

The problem seems to be with the 4G.  At my house, since I live away from the center of town, I only get 3G service, but that works like a champ.

When I head closer to the city where it switches to 4G, the internet works for 3-4 minutes then freezes.  I have seen other posts here talking about half-loaded web pages and such, same issue with me.  The 4G just stops communicating for even the simplest of webpages, although the device itself is not frozen.  You can still go into the configuration menu and connect with it, it thinks all is fine.

The only way I have found to restore service is to hold down the power button and restart the Samsung LC11.  But then again you have a few minutes of service before the 4G stops again.

I have looked through all the settings and cannot find a way to force it to stay 3G only until they fix, I would rather surf slower than not at all.

Anyone know of a coming fix for this, or anyone else having these issues?  Wondering if is widespread or maybe I just have a bad device.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung LC11 Hotspot Issues
clubtech5

Same here. Many other people are having the same issue.

I a firmware update will solve this problem as the device is pretty useless like this.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

I called Verizon about this issue and was told that periodic loss of 4G it is a known problem and Samsung is working on a fix. The loss of connection going from 3G to 4G (or vice versa) is a network problem with no easy solution.

0 Likes
jeff11

Seems to me a quick fix for Samsung would be to put in the settings a way for the user to force the device to either stay 4G only or 3G only, I would check the 3G only box and be a happy camper while they came up with a better fix later.

Something needs to change though, I tried it again yesterday and it is just totally unusable if you are in a 4G area, they really shouldn't charge us the monthly fee for this paperweight until it works.

0 Likes