Samsung MiFi - Limited connectivity
danitrin

I'm so frustrated with my MiFi and I'm ready to drop kick the thing.  I have gone through three devices in the past 3 months.

I started out with the Verizon 4G LTE, replaced it with another one and then replaced that one with a Samsung and I continue to have the same issue. 

My problem is when my laptop (HP with Windows 7) connects to the device, it says either limited access or no internet access.  Either way, I am unable to get onto the internet.  The very few times I am able to get internet access, it switches between 3 and 4G.  I do not live in a rural area so there so not be any issues connecting to 4g.   I've talked to tech support numerous times and they cannot seem to find a solution other than sending me a new device.

Has anyone experienced this before.  I feel like it's a setting on my computer somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out.  I've tried disabling my virus software, nothing.  I'm able to ping the IP address with no issues.  I'm stumped.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung MiFi - Limited connectivity
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

Nothing on your computer will influence the MiFi switching back and forth from 3G to 4G.  The most recent firmware updates were supposed to take care of this vary issue but its possible your device might still be having trouble.  One troubleshooting step you can try is configuring your device to stay in either 3G or 4G so it does not try to switch automatically. 

If your computers are reporting limited or no connectivity then they might not be fully connected to the MiFi.  Delete the cached passwords on your computer and reenter them again incase they have been changed or overwritten.  If deleting the passwords does not help then try lowering the 802.11 Wireless mode from B/G/N to B/G.  One final step would be disabling the wireless security all togeather just to see if you can hold a connection.

Let us know if you need the steps to complete this tasks.

0 Likes