Samsung N150 - can mine be unlocked for used with Chuang Hwa Telecomm's prepaid data service
alin43

The netbook is marketed as global ready, and has a SIM slot.

I have owned this for about a year.

Next month, I plan to travel to Taiwan.  Chuang Hwa telecomm has a prepaid 3G data plan 500NT$ for 7 days that seems to be a very good deal.

Question is if the netbook (or the Gobi chip) needs a unlock code to use with a foreign SIM.

Does any one know?  

Better yet, has anyone used Chunghwa's prepaid data plan?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung N150 - can mine be unlocked for used with Chuang Hwa Telecomm's prepaid data service
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello alin43:

Yes, that 3G prepaid data plan does sound like a good deal!  When using another carrier's 3G SIM, you must first unlock your global device.  If your device and line of service qualifies for the Unlock, this would be handled by Verizon Wireless Global Support Team.  They can be reached M - F 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Time at 800-711-8300.

Let us know if this answers your question, and well wishes on your trip next month!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung N150 - can mine be unlocked for used with Chuang Hwa Telecomm's prepaid data service
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello alin43:

Yes, that 3G prepaid data plan does sound like a good deal!  When using another carrier's 3G SIM, you must first unlock your global device.  If your device and line of service qualifies for the Unlock, this would be handled by Verizon Wireless Global Support Team.  They can be reached M - F 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Time at 800-711-8300.

Let us know if this answers your question, and well wishes on your trip next month!

0 Likes