Samsung SCH-LC11 Internet Issue
jmorrell

I recently got the Samsung SCH-LC11. It is working intermittently.

I can connect to the Wifi and I get an ip address from the hotspot (192.168.1.x)

I can browse the internet for 30 mins or so, and then all of sudden I can't bring up webpages. Weird thing is I can still ping www.google.com. I have tried releasing/renewing IP address, re-opening browsers (both IE & FF). Recieve page cannot be displayed error.

The only way I can fix it is powering off the device and powering it back on. It will then start to work for a bit and then stop working again.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung SCH-LC11 Internet Issue
eprosenx

Same exact issue here.  It always bites me right when I am trying to do something important.

I thought that perhaps upgrading from my old EC04 firmware to the latest EC31 might have fixed it, but, alas, no..

I can't tell if the issue is with the Samsung device itself, or with Verizon's 4G network (perhaps the carrier grade nat system that avoids using a real Internet IP for my wireless device).

Yay for double NAT.  😞

I am not sure exactly how to troubleshoot this.

(I have had this same issue in both Portland Oregon and also this weekend in Boston when connected via 4G)

Rebooting the device sometimes fixes it for a little while, but then again, sometimes it does not.  I am wondering if the device is overheating or something...

-Eric

Last login: Thu Aug 18 12:39:19 on ttys007

erosenbe-mac:~ erosenbe$ ping www.bitplumber.net

PING www.bitplumber.net (75.119.216.176): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 75.119.216.176: icmp_seq=0 ttl=50 time=120.212 ms

64 bytes from 75.119.216.176: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=121.979 ms

64 bytes from 75.119.216.176: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=121.745 ms

^C

--- www.bitplumber.net ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 25.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 120.212/121.312/121.979/0.784 ms

erosenbe-mac:~ erosenbe$ telnet www.bitplumber.net 80

Trying 75.119.216.176...

telnet: connect to address 75.119.216.176: Operation timed out

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

erosenbe-mac:~ erosenbe$ 

0 Likes
odarky
Enthusiast - Level 2

This device is almost total junk.  PPTP VPN doesn't work, if you have multiple device connect to it, it disconnect you randomly and if u only have one device connect to it, you guess it, it just drop the connection and u get those 'connection...' or white blank page after 2 - 3 minutes browsing.

I am truely disappointed with this device from Samsung.  The last firmware update was on April 2011.  I don't know when or if they will update this and fix this issue.

I am frustrated and want to throw this device into the lake.  I went and get PANTECH USB dongle instead. and everything working good so far.

Again this Samsung SCH-LC11 device is S***

Not applicable

Thanks everyone for sharing your concerns with this device. While we don't have an exact date for the update, there will be a software update coming soon for this device to address some of the issues you are facing. Here is a link to the software update benefits and instructions once it is available. 

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

Thank You for that update information. I wait with 'bated breath :smileywink:

0 Likes
Smabbage

It was released last night.  Look forward to installing it this evening when I get home!!

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

Smabbage wrote:

It was released last night.  Look forward to installing it this evening when I get home!!

I just installed it. A bit tricky, as I have a MacBook Air, but the installer ran OK on VMWare Fusion hosting XP.

I will report on performance in a few days, after I can do a thorough test.

0 Likes
Smabbage

Installed the new firmware (EF07) and my Samsung SCH-LC11 FINALLY functions as advertised!!  I've been able to browse sites without any hang-ups or page reloads.  It's been very nice.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
totoro226
0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

Smabbage wrote:

Installed the new firmware (EF07) and my Samsung SCH-LC11 FINALLY functions as advertised!!  I've been able to browse sites without any hang-ups or page reloads.  It's been very nice.  :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for pointing out it is EF07. I downloaded from the link that appeared yesterday and installed, then found that the version was still EC31. I downloaded it a second time and got the right one. I'll be testing today.

0 Likes