Sending Email with MiFi2200
Bubba1

I need to set up an email account on my laptop to send email using the MiFi2200. What outgoing mail server should I use?

0 Likes
Re: Sending Email with MiFi2200
Not applicable

If you don't have another ISP, you're going to have to establish an email account with Google, Yahoo, or Hotmail, etc.

0 Likes
Bubba1

I have my email accounts set up with my a web site hosting company. However I do not have internet access via this company. All of the other ISP's I have used over the years provide me with an SMTP server name that I can use to send emails when logged onto that account. I am a consultant that travels extensively hence the attractiveness of the MiFi2200 which is a great way for me to maintain email contact with my clients. However, It does not leave a good impression when they get their reply from xxxx@hotmail.com, etc. I am willing to splurge for a $10 dial-up for an ISP account if it will solve my problem. However in the past I had to log onto that account before sending emails or get the "Don't allow relaying" error. Having to log onto a separate account sort of defeats the purpose of the MiFi. AT&T broadband wifi will provide a SMTP but their 3G coverage is inadequate. Find it hard to believe that Verizon would handicap the MiFi2200 in this way.

0 Likes
KeithClark

Jim; I assume you are a Verizon employee. I am 4 or 5 months into this debacle regarding the air card and discontinuation of the outgoing smtp serviceby Verizon.  I am a 17 or 18 year customer with the exception of one year during that span and this may be the angriest I've ever been. We all need an outgoing smtp server for our air cards with outlook. I would be satisfied to change if there is another one out there. Sprint or ATT&T. just post the information if you don't mind. I pay $60.00 a month (of my total bill of $225) for this service and the cost benefit has be reduced from totally justified to totally unjustified. 180 degrees difference without the outgoing server. I have been watching and hoping Verizon would turn it back on but I assume this not going to happen. Even a fee based system would have been much better than terminating it. Best regards, Keith Clark

0 Likes
KeithClark

Jim; I have a Charter account but I can't figure out a way to use their server with outlook on the air card. I've tried every configuration I can think of and have not been able to send like I can at home connected to charter or at the office connected on the Nuvox pipe. This is tortuous. Keith

0 Likes
Not applicable

No, I'm not an employee, just a satisfied customer.  I have Charter cable for my ISP at home.  When I travel, I go to www.charter.net to send and receive email.  I also just ordered a Droid and set up an email account at www.gmail.com

0 Likes