Slow connection speeds
easy2no
I have a UM150 and my connection speeds are slower than dial-up...  Is there any place in the Houston area I can have my unit checked out and see if my PC settings are correct... 
0 Likes
Re: Slow connection speeds
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
If you are using streaming video or anything like that, they may have capped/restricted your speed. Watching streaming video thru your BBA device is actually a violation of your Terms & Conditions w/ the card
0 Likes
Skedd

I usually see a slow down around 7:30 - 8pm and that runs to close to 10pm.  Happens almost nightly and even worse on the weekend.  Back-hauls from the towers and net is congested and doing anything at that time of evening is nearly impossible.

You are not alone...if that helps any.

0 Likes
easy2no
It seems the slow connection is when I am in my home area.. This is why I feel I have some settings wrong...    I just found a new USB727 on flea-bay and hoping that may help speed up my connection speed..  I have been very unhappy with this 150.  Why is it sooooo difficult to find someone at Verizon who can help with a problem...  I am in the market for a new Blackberry and even though I like the products Verizon has, they will be my last place to shop...
0 Likes
mretrade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have the same problem with the same card. I'm 8/10ths of a mile from the cell site

and it crawls. 2 trouble tickets and 3 weeks later, I was released from my contract.

Every time I  talked to a agent I got a different story. After 12 years with Verizon

I was told to go to a different carrier.

Real Nice....... 

Now if it's the card, now that's another story. 

0 Likes
KaiserBob
Enthusiast - Level 3

What speeds are you getting when you run a speed test? There is a known issue on the UM150's where some were misconfigured out of the box. If this was the case on your modem you wouldn't see speeds faster then 140-150 Kbps down and 60-80 Kbps up.

You can try to adjust this setting through VZ Access Manager:

From VZAM in windows press Ctrl-T to bring up the terminal window.

Type at$qcmipgetp and press enter

Then type at$qcmipep=1 and press enter

Close the terminal, try to reconnect and retest your speed.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
easy2no

Thanks for the info...  I was told at a local Verizon store there was a lot of trouble with the um150 but Customer Service denied it...  That is why I am trying a different card...  With all the cards for sale on e-bay, I may try a different carrier's card next, if the 727 doesn't cure it...  I have been a customer since they were GTE...  Vz home dsl, two wireless phone and my broadband service...  Just received my external antenna today, hooked it up outside with a direct site to the tower... haha what a waste of $$$   speed is slower...  What ever happened to customer service!!!!

{please keep it relevant}

Message Edited by KaLin on 04-06-2009 02:46 PM
0 Likes
easy2no

If this was the case on your modem you wouldn't see speeds faster then 140-150 Kbps down and 60-80 Kbps up.

WOW, I would love to see speeds this good...  I will try it....

0 Likes
easy2no
Thanks KaiserBob, that change came up to (d/l 132), (u/l 49)...  Before it was 71, 26...  getting there...
0 Likes
easy2no
Received m USB727 and started using it...  Getting the connection speeds now that my make the $60 a month worthwhile...  There  must be something wrong wth the um150, mother V is not telling us.  ..  
0 Likes