Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Slow connection speeds
easy2no
I have a UM150 and my connection speeds are slower than dial-up...  Is there any place in the Houston area I can have my unit checked out and see if my PC settings are correct... 
0 Likes
Re: Slow connection speeds
garetjaxthemise
Contributor
If you are using streaming video or anything like that, they may have capped/restricted your speed. Watching streaming video thru your BBA device is actually a violation of your Terms & Conditions w/ the card
0 Likes
Skedd

I usually see a slow down around 7:30 - 8pm and that runs to close to 10pm.  Happens almost nightly and even worse on the weekend.  Back-hauls from the towers and net is congested and doing anything at that time of evening is nearly impossible.

You are not alone...if that helps any.

0 Likes
easy2no
It seems the slow connection is when I am in my home area.. This is why I feel I have some settings wrong...    I just found a new USB727 on flea-bay and hoping that may help speed up my connection speed..  I have been very unhappy with this 150.  Why is it sooooo difficult to find someone at Verizon who can help with a problem...  I am in the market for a new Blackberry and even though I like the products Verizon has, they will be my last place to shop...
0 Likes
mretrade
Enthusiast

Have the same problem with the same card. I'm 8/10ths of a mile from the cell site

and it crawls. 2 trouble tickets and 3 weeks later, I was released from my contract.

Every time I  talked to a agent I got a different story. After 12 years with Verizon

I was told to go to a different carrier.

Real Nice....... 

Now if it's the card, now that's another story. 

0 Likes
KaiserBob
Enthusiast

What speeds are you getting when you run a speed test? There is a known issue on the UM150's where some were misconfigured out of the box. If this was the case on your modem you wouldn't see speeds faster then 140-150 Kbps down and 60-80 Kbps up.

You can try to adjust this setting through VZ Access Manager:

From VZAM in windows press Ctrl-T to bring up the terminal window.

Type at$qcmipgetp and press enter

Then type at$qcmipep=1 and press enter

Close the terminal, try to reconnect and retest your speed.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
easy2no

Thanks for the info...  I was told at a local Verizon store there was a lot of trouble with the um150 but Customer Service denied it...  That is why I am trying a different card...  With all the cards for sale on e-bay, I may try a different carrier's card next, if the 727 doesn't cure it...  I have been a customer since they were GTE...  Vz home dsl, two wireless phone and my broadband service...  Just received my external antenna today, hooked it up outside with a direct site to the tower... haha what a waste of $$$   speed is slower...  What ever happened to customer service!!!!

{please keep it relevant}

Message Edited by KaLin on 04-06-2009 02:46 PM
0 Likes
easy2no

If this was the case on your modem you wouldn't see speeds faster then 140-150 Kbps down and 60-80 Kbps up.

WOW, I would love to see speeds this good...  I will try it....

0 Likes
easy2no
Thanks KaiserBob, that change came up to (d/l 132), (u/l 49)...  Before it was 71, 26...  getting there...
0 Likes
easy2no
Received m USB727 and started using it...  Getting the connection speeds now that my make the $60 a month worthwhile...  There  must be something wrong wth the um150, mother V is not telling us.  ..  
0 Likes