Slow connection
wirelessisslow

Verizon wireless broad band speed claims 600 dn 1.4 up with 3G . I speed test on a regular basis and never come close to those numbers! My recent test is .12 dn and .04 up. I have called about this and they sent out a tech to see if there is a problem with there tower.Verizone tells me its terrain in my area. I have 3 to 4 bars in 3g and rssi of 78db. That's pretty good in my book, so its not terrain  its tower overload. The speeds over time have dropped to a snail pace. The fastest speed I get is between 11pm to 4 am but nowhere near their claim. I called tech support and their response is YES we have a problem but have no plans to up grade the system. That's not customer service. We have lots of people up here not happy with the service. The good news is a local wifi company is in the works to bring faster service to us and word is AT&T will be bring service to the area. I guess competition is the only way Verizon will make their product do what they claim.  

0 Likes
Re: Slow connection
Sublime420ec

3G is only capable of 1.5mb/s down and around 600k up an that is with a single line T-1 tower ok?

now if you have a multi T-1 tower you can get  up to 2mb/s -3mb/s down and up to 1.5mb/s up follow? 

and you got to account for people streaming netflix etc....

and if you only are on a single T-1 tower sharing with 3 people i mean do the math not much bandwith to go around ya know?

and signal quality has  some to do with it along with  your EC/IO  numbers 

hills trees etc...

i would recomend you post a speed test for me if you can. here... http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

here are my results...

Last Result:
Download Speed: 1513 kbps (189.1 KB/sec transfer rate) 
Upload Speed: 286 kbps (35.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

so that's 1.51mb/s down  0.29mb/s up   

my upload has been really horrible past couple days but my downloads have been extremely fast .

0 Likes
wirelessisslow

I checked the speed test you recommend and the numbers are .30 down and .09 up. These numbers are slow Verizon is not providing what they came up here 

0 Likes
Sublime420ec

hmmm yea speed are a bit slow ...my connection speed has dropped that low before for a few days maybe try an antenna? i know your signal is strong but never hurts to try plust certain ones could be used for ur cell phone as well 😛

i know it sux....i had speed issues really bad  for like 3weeks ...been decent the past week tho

it's up and down with 3G : /

way better than dial up tho.

0 Likes