Solution for wireless USB not working with VZAccess manager!!!!!
Scotsin

Ok so I had no problem when I installed my USB modem on my laptop. Then the motherboard went on my HP, but I'm not here to complain about HP. So I changed to my wife's Compact (yeah not much better). However, all the sudden my USB modem wasn't being detected by VZaccess manager. WHAT THE CRAP! Search all the forums. Nothing. Called tech support. No help. Then the next day in the shower (where I seem to remember everything). I remembered they guy from Verizon telling me that the USB modem worked like a dial up connection. Then I remembered when optimizing my wife's crappy computer I turned off the telephony service (like that saved me tons of computing power). When I turned it back on..OOOOSNAP! Recognize my USB right off the bat. I just wish Verizon could have told me that before I wasted 3 hours of my life on the phone. I see a lot of people resorting to a complete reinstall to fix this same issue. The funny thing is in all version of MW the telephony is manual or automatic. Depending on what service pack you have. HOPE THIS HELPS SOME POOR SOLE

0 Likes
Re: Solution for wireless USB not working with VZAccess manager!!!!!
larrytheG

Thanks for sharing...!!!   How would Verizon have been able to figure out that you had turned off that option?  Is there some kind of a status page that could have been looked at to spot that the telephony had been turned off?

0 Likes
Re: Solution for wireless USB not working with VZAccess manager!!!!!
Scotsin

No There isn't a page that would show that it was turned off other than the services list. But my point in all that was this is their device, and the guy knew that it used a dial up connection. So, knowing how your hardware works, you would assume that they would check to make sure it is running. Considering that most "Optimization" programs turn this off because no one uses a dial up connection anymore. I would think this just falls under the trouble shooting diagnosis train of thought. And I'm not saying that they guy didn't try, nor that he wasn't nice on the phone. I was just frustrated that something so simple seems to have a lot of people saying that verizon isn't thinking any more. LIKE MY INCREDIBLE THAT STILL ISN'T HERE. But don't get me started on that rant. I mean how can you finally advertise that you have a phone that is better than apple, and not know there is going to be a rush on the bank so to speak?

0 Likes