Someone has hacked my password and connected to my 4G LTE. I can see the pc and address but can't remove it. Whtat can I do and how do I do it? I
kizwiki

I would like to restrict connections to just one pc (MINE!) and my wireless printer, and kick this guy off.  Change my wireless password too.  Verizon is zero help so far.  Please help.  He's sucking down g's and I'm paying for it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Someone has hacked my password and connected to my 4G LTE. I can see the pc and address but can't remove it. Whtat can I do and how do I do it? I
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

When it comes to securing your Jetpack there are a few things you can try:

1. Enable a MAC filter.  Pending on how saavy your moocher is configuring a MAC filter or Access Control List will provide an additional barrier to entry.  Only devices with a matching MAC address will be allowed to connect.

2. Update your WiFi password.  Each time you update your WiFi password all connecting clients will be forced to enter the new password when they next attempt to connect.  Anything other than WPA2 security is a waste of your time.

3. Use strong password best practices.  For example, choose a password with high entropy, something that is not easily guessed or cracked.  The rule of thumb for high entropy is the longer the better.  A great tool for testing your password strength is https://howsecureismypassword.net/

4. Power down your Jetpack when it is not in use.  Force any malicious users to be online at the same time as you and don't let them have access while you are away or asleep.  All Jetpack models have a fairly weak WiFi radius, a moocher will have to be within 100 feet of your Jetpack to get any kind of a reliable signal so search your environment for anything unusual.

5. Check the currently connected devices area of your Jetpack.  If you can pull the MAC address of the moocher then you can type it into a tool to figure out what kind of a device.  There are many free tools out there that can provide this service such as http://www.wireshark.org/tools/oui-lookup.html.

View solution in original post

Re: Someone has hacked my password and connected to my 4G LTE.  I can see the pc and address but can't remove it.  Whtat can I do and how do I do it?  I
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kizwiki
I'm sorry someone has access to your connection. Is this with a handset with hotspot activated or a mifi device. Changing the wireless password should  severe his connection.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Someone has hacked my password and connected to my 4G LTE. I can see the pc and address but can't remove it. Whtat can I do and how do I do it? I
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

When it comes to securing your Jetpack there are a few things you can try:

1. Enable a MAC filter.  Pending on how saavy your moocher is configuring a MAC filter or Access Control List will provide an additional barrier to entry.  Only devices with a matching MAC address will be allowed to connect.

2. Update your WiFi password.  Each time you update your WiFi password all connecting clients will be forced to enter the new password when they next attempt to connect.  Anything other than WPA2 security is a waste of your time.

3. Use strong password best practices.  For example, choose a password with high entropy, something that is not easily guessed or cracked.  The rule of thumb for high entropy is the longer the better.  A great tool for testing your password strength is https://howsecureismypassword.net/

4. Power down your Jetpack when it is not in use.  Force any malicious users to be online at the same time as you and don't let them have access while you are away or asleep.  All Jetpack models have a fairly weak WiFi radius, a moocher will have to be within 100 feet of your Jetpack to get any kind of a reliable signal so search your environment for anything unusual.

5. Check the currently connected devices area of your Jetpack.  If you can pull the MAC address of the moocher then you can type it into a tool to figure out what kind of a device.  There are many free tools out there that can provide this service such as http://www.wireshark.org/tools/oui-lookup.html.