Stuck on step 8a of 14 on new setup. Purchased directly from Verizon, but wondering if Verizon needs to activate this unit somehow?
jasolution

I purchased a new Samsung 4G LTE directly from Verizon and it arrived today. It is stuck on setup step 8a of 14. I found a forum post elsewhere that sounded like perhaps Verizon needs to activate this device before I can use it, which I assumed they would have done before they shipped it to me...but perhaps not.

Can anyone shed light on whether there are additional steps I need to take to activate this extender before it will work?

Jason

0 Likes
Re: Stuck on step 8a of 14 on new setup. Purchased directly from Verizon, but wondering if Verizon needs to activate this unit somehow?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, jasolution! We definitely understand how crucial it is to get this set up properly. When ever you purchase a Network Extender, we are required to register it on your account. The only details we need to do this is what type of extender it is and what the MAC ID is. Here is a link on how to view that information: http://spr.ly/6586EMW4A;

ElizabethC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Stuck on step 8a of 14 on new setup. Purchased directly from Verizon, but wondering if Verizon needs to activate this unit somehow?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DO NOT post the MAC address ID on this public community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The network extender can only be registered to postpaid accounts. If you are prepaid, you won't be able to register it for activation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes