Re: Restating question
Hubuser

My other question is whether or not Verizon will expand the number of handsets beyond 4? We would like to add an ADDITIONAL 4 handsets.

(We can figure a way to add one more by taking the base unit handset to another location and using the base as a speaker phone only. But we cannot find a charger base sold separately and do not want to pay for another handset just to get a charger.)

But we still would like to buy another 4 handsets if they would be supported.

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Hubuser wrote:

Looks like my question was not clear enough. :mansurprised:

What Verizon offers to its landline customers is a service that allows the customer to screen calls. A caller must either input a code number give by the subscriber or else state a name. The subscriber phone rings and if the code is correct, the caller is connected. If a name was given, the caller is on music hold and the subscriber hears the name given and may elect to block the call, put it in voice mail or answer. With the increase in unwanted calls for car warranties, surveys, etc., such a service is invaluable.

It sounds like you're describing AT&T's 'Privacy Manager' service.  I don't think verizon offers a similar service that allows callers to enter a code to bypass it.  I believe verizon only offers the abiltity to block calls that have hidden their caller id and you should be able to block specific numbers as well.  both can be found http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=21249&p=null 

I think that's the best you;re going to get with the hub.

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Hubuser wrote:

My other question is whether or not Verizon will expand the number of handsets beyond 4? We would like to add an ADDITIONAL 4 handsets.

I'm sure they would love you and others to purchase more handsets but I doubt that's a feature we'll see any time soon.  In terms of potential customer base, you're probably in the minority  Mostof the customers are probably satisfied with less than 2.  i"m surprised they offer four actually.

0 Likes
Hubuser
Allowing for registration of additional handsets should be a firmware-based upgrade and a trivial piece of code. It also seems that Verizon would want to allow for more sales, even if only a "minority" of users would buy additional sets. If the design was dead-ended at 4 handsets, someone should prepare a pink slip for the designer.
0 Likes
VERIZON CALL INTERCEPT
Hubuser

No, I am describing a service Verizon offers to its wireline customers. It has the same functionality as AT & T Privacy Manager.

Verizon calls their service "Call Intercept" and described it in a press release here:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-16-2002/0001800438&EDATE=

It is described in detail here:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Phone/Calling+Features/Call+Intercept/Questions+and+Answers...

0 Likes
Verizon taking requests
Hubuser

It turns out that if you call Verizon Hub support and request Call Intercept, they record your request and your Hub ID. They are evaluating the demand. Please call and request this feature.

0 Likes
Re: Talking Reinvented - Introducing Verizon Hub
dannsh

I have a comment and suggestion for the Marketing people. I Centurytel for my phone service. Now I can transfer my number to Verizon and get a Hub. However as a Current Verizon Wireless customer I find the $299.99 cost for the Hub with the $34.99 a month fee a bit much along with my Verizon Wireless Bill. Now I could save $15.00 a month by dropping Centurytel Voice and keeping their internet service. I also understand there is a 2 year contract. I suggest that you offer your Verzion Wireless customers a

free Verizon Hub to make the switch.  In would take me around 20 months to break even if I paid $299.99 up front for the Hub. 

0 Likes
AndySiegel

I got my Hub in March '09 really excited about the possibilities and the potential of this device.  Yes, I think the service is overpriced considering how much I'm paying for the internet service it's using.  But it saves me money in the long run.  I am a bit disappointed that Verizon doesn't do a better job of keeping customers informed about future enhancements.  We all know the potential for the HUB, but I get the feeling that it is what it is and no one is working on realizing any of that potential.  There should also be a forum or site where we can make enhancement requests.  Among mine are:

Utilize the USB port for a webcam, pull caller-id from the telco and pass it on to the hub, bluetooth capability for a handsfree headset, allow more handsets, improved ringing, more memory, allow for an ATA (analog telephone adapter) for devices that require an analog telephone emulation - fax, home security, etc.

0 Likes
section08
Enthusiast - Level 1

as of today this **bleep** has finally been discontinued. now i'm stuck paying $40/month for a sucky product vz will no longer support. i should've known better.

0 Likes