Tethering?
beandawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I pay the 30 dollar fee for tethering and Verizon change's the way they have their antenna's and I lose 4g can I just drop the tethering fee and no penalties.I'm paying 70 dollar's a month now for useless 3g that most of the time is sub dial-up speed's.My phone a Razr Maxx at home get's from 4mb to 12mb down kinda a no-brainer.

0 Likes
Re: Tethering?
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes....the hotspot feature is an "add on" that you can add and drop whenever you want. just watch your use, when you tether 4g from your phone to a pc or laptop, you can burn through data quickly (i think you get 2 gigs for the $30/month hotspot)

0 Likes
beandawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was under the impression that if you have and unlimited account on your phone  it stay's unlimited with hot-spot also per fcc rule's made with the 700mhz spectrum deal as long as the 30 dollar is paid. Maybe someone from Verizon can chime in, fat chance on that.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you are on older plans then you follow the old terms which does not allow tethering without an appropriate plan. The Block C rules have no bearing on old agreements.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI they got into trouble for blocking apps not for charging for tethering.

0 Likes
beandawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what I have found share everything they I/E Verizon cant tell you how you use your data that you pay for. 2 gig tethering plan was for tiered plan's it was 20 dollar's.People with unlimited plan's are to 30 dollar's and it's unlimited as long as your in a 4g area. If your in a 3g only area your  limit is 5gig. I just got done reading a hundred or so post's in diff forum's that's what I came up with but I could be wrong.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You get throttled and is in fact unlimited after the fact. As long as you don't get charged for any data after the initial agreed price.

They give you unlimited data not unlimited bandwidth.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

beandawg wrote:

I was under the impression that if you have and unlimited account on your phone  it stay's unlimited with hot-spot also per fcc rule's made with the 700mhz spectrum deal as long as the 30 dollar is paid. Maybe someone from Verizon can chime in, fat chance on that.

you may be correct. i know there was an unlimited hotspot plan for 4g users.

0 Likes