Text Messages on MiFi with the VZAccess Manager for Mac OS X (10.6)?
jough

I'm trying to set up my online account so I can check my account usage on my iPad, which is the only device (other than mine and my girlfriend's iPhones) that I want to use my MiFi with. However, I installed the VZAccess Manager software on my Mac to activate my MiFi.

That worked fine, but the VerizonWireless.com site wants to send a text message to my "phone" to activate my account, customer service said there is NO OTHER WAY to get my temporary account password, and while tech support insists that there's a tab for text messages in the VZAM software, there doesn't seem to be on the Mac.

Can anyone tell me how the hell I can access my account so I can pay my bill and check my usage?

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages on MiFi with the VZAccess Manager for Mac OS X (10.6)?
BobSmith

I went through exactly this experience with my first Verizon wifi card about two years ago.  Had to wait for access info by snail mail.  Only Windows versions of VZAccess supported text messaging.  I just upgraded to the MiFi unit and installed new VZAccess software (v7.0.5 on Mac 10.5.8).  It does support text messaging... though I've not tried to use it.

Bob Smith

0 Likes